Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR
Limited joint basing opportunities, different PCS schedules, no communication between sister service personnel offices...About the only cross branch relationships that work are Marines/Navy, but they're basically the same branch, so they don't count.

Carteret posted:

Besides the fact that dating the military is the worst, if poo poo were to get serious, good loving luck getting stationed together at any point in the future, ever.

Bolow posted:

because one or both of you is in the military. what more reason could you possibly need

Also, what they said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

nacirema posted:

They are corpsman and med tech that hooked up during the last few weeks of a school. She reservist he active.

Reserve/active may have a better chance, but again she's at the whim of wherever he gets PCS'd to. If she follows him to a base where there isn't a Reserve unit, which is most likely the case, she'll be footing the monthly plane ticket to wherever she drills at.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

Cole posted:

All the warrant officers I had any communication with didnt really give a poo poo what you called them as long as you weren't calling them to do any work.

Lazy Reservist
Nov 30, 2005

FUBIJAR

Crazy Mike posted:

What no nonsense USB CAC card reader should I order for my laptop so I can do all that AKO iPerms ALMS stuff at home?

Why are you buying one when you can just ask your unit for an extra? If you're Guard or Reserve, most units will give you one for home use. Hell, you could probably look in a random supply closet and find a couple dozen lying around.

• Locked thread