Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Lets see what I haven't seen: pretty much anything before the seventies, and pretty much anything "classic." I probably watch 2 to three movies a week but tend to go for more recent films that catch my eye. I've also never taken a film class so I've probably missed out on all the mandatory hits. So in order to keep this list from looking like a film 101 list I'll post things that I've gotten close to watching but still haven't.

So here it is:

Citizen Kane: Yeah. Currently at number 21 on my Netflix Queue, after such gems as (the recent) The Day The Earth Stood Still and Blade. I'm not really trying.

North By Northwest: I watched Vertigo in like 8th grade and since then I've just never been interested enough in Hitchcock to try again. This, however looks quite exciting and I saw the rad opening titles on Youtube but I still haven't built up the courage to send it to number 1.

Rocky: I grew up in Philadelphia. I've run up the Art Museum steps. But I ain't never seen this movie.

Jaws: I was a squeamish little kid and refused to even watch this movie with my friends. 8 years later I still haven't seen it.

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly: Here's where I start actually feeling embarrassed. I just played 3 hours of Red Dead Redemption and I've watched next to no Westerns.

Taxi Driver: Last year I worked on getting through The Wire. Maybe this year it'll be Taxi Driver. Either way I haven't been feeling like watching anything "dark, gritty, violent" lately.

The Big Lebowski: I started watching. I cringed. I stopped watching cause I was sitting in front of my computer and alt tabbed and started playing Team Fortress.

Shindler's List: The Holocaust? I've already teared up to Life Is Beautiful, so I'm sorry if I'm not just jumping on this one.

Inland Empire: David Lynch's movies are tough, and I heard this is even more so. I had the disc from Netflix for about a month while watching tons of movies in my instant queue. I eventually returned it so I could get a move on on the last season of The Wire. Oh well, at least it's in my instant queue.

Blazing Saddles: I saw the stop animated Lego version and since then just haven't gotten around to seeing the real deal. Or most Mel Brooks for that matter.

The list could go on so much longer but thankfully the thread title says ten and I don't want to write out more awful excuses.

SneakySneaks posted:

Aguirre wrath of God

This will be your film to watch. It's good, ok!

Fayez Butts fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jun 2, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU