Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Alright, I'll bite. I'm gonna try and list the movies that I have access to first, because that makes it easier to watch them.

1. Casablanca. What hasn't been said about it? I can quote it, and it's been sitting on my shelf, but I just haven't actually sat down to watch it yet.

2. Pulp Fiction. The only Tarantino I've seen has been Inglourious Basterds. This seems wrong.

3. Fargo. Likewise with the Coens, I haven't seen their most lauded work (both this and Lebowski, but I have this on DVD), but I've seen Burn After Reading, A Serious Man, and No Country for Old Men.

4. Rocky. I still can't believe I haven't watched this, especially having watched Rocky IV and Balboa.

5. Annie Hall. Haven't seen any Woody Allen. I should, though. This is his masterpiece.

6. The Godfather. I'm gonna get so yelled at for this list.

7. Blade Runner. The quintessential Sci-Fi, bought for $5 at a garage sale with Clerks. You know which one I ended up watching.

8. Dr. Strangelove. I feel bad that I haven't see this, especially with how much I love comedies.

9. Taxi Driver. I actually have seen the first 45 minutes of this, but my family, who I was watching with, didn't really dig it, so we started to watch something else. I should finish it.

10. There Will Be Blood. This is really on here because I can't think of a better 10th to put here that I have on DVD/my DVR.

Man, I really need to watch the movies I buy, I own all of these accept for Annie Hall, which I recorded a few days ago.

Vorpal Bunny, you sir, are lucky, because I happen to be a huge fan of musicals. You sir, shall watch The Music Man (my personal favorite musical, even if you didn't mention it). If we're playing "Stick to the List", watch Singin' in the Rain. I'm not mean enough to subject you to the boredom that you'll suffer from watching Sound of Music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

VorpalBunny posted:

Thank you! Just the nudge I needed.

Is THE MUSIC MAN the one that WALL-E is based partly on? Or is that HELLO DOLLY?

I know I should see that one as well, to help deepen my love for WALL-E. Perhaps I'll make it a double feature!

EDIT - by the way, I totally get the habit of buying DVDs you never actually watch. Half the stuff on our DVD shelf is still wrapped in plastic, even though I know I want to watch them someday. There is just too much good stuff out there!

That is Hello Dolly, which is also very good. Music Man's got Ron Howard (pre-Oscars, hell, pre-puberty) and songs that you'll probably recognize (though I can't be certain about that). It's my favorite musical, because it was the first one I saw, and the first musical production I was ever in, so it's sentimental for me. And, as long as you're watching the original (the one with Matthew Broderick, Kristin Chenowith, and James Garner defies all expectations by being godawful), it's a legitimately good movie, too.

I'll see if I can't find Crimes and Misdemeaners, through Netflix or something like that.