Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cantskate43
Jun 3, 2007

Hello? Dominos?

Bodnoirbabe posted:

SKEET SKEET watch Taxi Driver. Psychotic De Niro is something every fan of his should have to see. He doesn't get more bad rear end than this.

My shameful list:

1. The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly - I'm not a huge western fan, but I HAVE tried to watch this. I always fall asleep in the first half hour.

2. The Usual Suspects. I've never seen this movie, but I do know how it ends, and since it's one of those that the ending is a surprise, I feel that watching the movie would be moot.

3. Citizen Kane. The same problem here as The Usual Suspects. I know what Rosebud is. I'm afraid that I'm going to think it's over rated.

4. Die Hard. I'm a Bruce Willis fan, but I'm very rarely in the mood for action movies so it's always been overlooked.

5. The Graduate. I've seen bits and pieces, but I haven't a clue as to the actual storyline.

6. Rocky. Not a big Stallone fan.

7. Eraserhead. I've seen Twin Peaks and Mullholland Drive, but David Lynch kind of freaks me out, so I've avoided his masterpiece to keep me sane.
Bodnoirbabe, Die Hard is the best action film ever made. Everytime the movie comes on in my house, its a family occasion. I have a tattoo related to the movie. There's no way I cannot have you watch this movie. You've been missing out.

As for my shameful list:

Casablanca- Yes, it's one of the most classic films of all time. But it just doesn't pique my interest. I also figure that I'll see it in film class next semester.

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb- I really haven't watched too much Kubrick, and need to remedy this. I've heard such great things about it, but never get the motivation to watch it.

The Godfather- This is probably the film I am the most ashamed of not seeing. But I have seen bits and pieces of it, and it seemed to drag a lot. And I feel like Ive seen the movie through all the pop culture references.

Rocky- If Godfather isn't the film I am the most ashamed of seeing, this is it. I have no excuse for not seeing it. I am less of a man for not seeing it.

Schindler's List- I have no doubts that this is an amazing film, however I just don't feel like being depressed for a while after watching it. Requiem for a Dream had me depressed for a few days after, and I suspect this one will hit me harder than it.

Psycho- No idea why I haven't watched it. Well, I know how most of it goes from references, but that still isn't enough of an excuse with a movie like this. I also am not a big fan of older films for whatever reason; still haven't branched out into the B&W films.

The Exorcist- I watched the beginning when I was 13 or so and turned it off for boring me. Not a huge horror fan, and like a couple other movies on my list, I think most of the important scenes have been ruined for me from spoofs and pop culture references.

Brazil- I watched 12 Monkeys and loved it, and havent watched any other Gilliam flicks. It's on my to-watch list, but I keep pushing it back for some reason.

Bullitt- Maybe 10 years ago I had this playing in the background and hardly paid attention to it besides the famous car chase. This really needs a rewatch to the point where I basically count this movie as unwatched. I think I could now appreciate this movie (whereas I couldnt at the age of 11 or so)

Dr No.- I started getting into Bond movies young, starting with Brosnan's films and going backwards since I was a kid dazzled by shiny things that blow up. Never made it to the original and feel shamed as a movie buff for never seeing it.

Edit: Well poo poo, looks like I was beaten to assign Bodnoirbabe's movie(Not that it matters, he still got Die Hard). Cool kids inc., you get to watch Close Encounters of the Third Kind

Cantskate43 fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Jun 10, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cantskate43
Jun 3, 2007

Hello? Dominos?

Cailin Rua posted:

2. Braveheart Just, I dunno, it's Mel Gibson?

Seeing as this is the only movie of yours I've seen, you're watching it.

Rocky was the movie picked out of my list. Its obvious why it's such a classic almost immediately. It is such a great underdog story, and even though Rocky doesnt win in the end, it ends on one of the most triumphant moments in cinema history. The ending fight scene was also drat near perfection.

However, Stallone's acting got on my nerves pretty fast. But that's mainly because Im not a fan of his almost unintelligeble voice that he has in his earlier films. That and the middle dragged a bit for me and lost my attention off and on.

The movie is undeniebly a classic, but apart from the last scene failed to really grab me. I can't really fault the movie for this too much since it was made for a different era and audience.

9/10

*Updated Shame List*

Casablanca- Yes, it's one of the most classic films of all time. But it just doesn't pique my interest. I also figure that I'll see it in film class next semester.

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb- I really haven't watched too much Kubrick, and need to remedy this. I've heard such great things about it, but never get the motivation to watch it.

The Godfather- This is probably the film I am the most ashamed of not seeing. But I have seen bits and pieces of it, and it seemed to drag a lot. And I feel like Ive seen the movie through all the pop culture references.

Rocky
A Clockwork Orange- Again, I haven't watched too much Kubrick and need to fix this. I've heard all sorts of things about it and how hosed up it is, so I do need to give it a watch to see for myself.

Schindler's List- I have no doubts that this is an amazing film, however I just don't feel like being depressed for a while after watching it. Requiem for a Dream had me depressed for a few days after, and I suspect this one will hit me harder than it.

Psycho- No idea why I haven't watched it. Well, I know how most of it goes from references, but that still isn't enough of an excuse with a movie like this. I also am not a big fan of older films for whatever reason; still haven't branched out into the B&W films.

The Exorcist- I watched the beginning when I was 13 or so and turned it off for boring me. Not a huge horror fan, and like a couple other movies on my list, I think most of the important scenes have been ruined for me from spoofs and pop culture references.

Brazil- I watched 12 Monkeys and loved it, and haven only watched a couple Gilliam flicks. It's on my to-watch list, but I keep pushing it back for some reason.

Bullitt- Maybe 10 years ago I had this playing in the background and hardly paid attention to it besides the famous car chase. This really needs a rewatch to the point where I basically count this movie as unwatched. I think I could now appreciate this movie (whereas I couldnt at the age of 11 or so)

Dr No.- I started getting into Bond movies young, starting with Brosnan's films and going backwards since I was a kid dazzled by shiny things that blow up. Never made it to the original and feel shamed as a movie buff for never seeing it.

Cantskate43
Jun 3, 2007

Hello? Dominos?
Vertigo, go watch Star Wars right now. It's a must.

This time I have two reviews...

Psycho- I've been to Universal Studios a good 30+ times, so I've seen most of this movie in bits and pieces due to the backlot tour and the constant use of it for film clips in the park. Despite knowing way too much about the film for having never seen it, it still blew me away. Hitchcock's direction was flawless and the movie kept a very unsettling tone that few movies have ever come close to.

This movie was the first black and white that really appealed to me, and has got me to give other older movies a shot. For whatever reason I had been shying away from them. Which leads me to another movie from this list I happened to watch on a classic B&W bender:

Dr. Strangelove- I really dont know what to say about this movie that hasn't been said before. Expertly crafted and just as relevant today (if not more so) than when it was released. Once Dr Strangelove was introduced on screen, I was in tears from laughing so hard until the movie ended. After a few rewatches I have no doubt this is going to become one of my all time favorites.

Both: 10/10

*Updated Shame List*

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
Cool Hand Luke- Never got around to seeing it for whatever reason. I've heard so much about it that it's time I see it.

Rocky
A Clockwork Orange- Again, I haven't watched too much Kubrick and need to fix this. I've heard all sorts of things about it and how hosed up it is, so I do need to give it a watch to see for myself.

Psycho
Network- This movie had gone by unknown to me for the longest time. It wasnt until this forum that I even heard of it and the numerous reasons I need to see it.

Brazil- I watched 12 Monkeys and loved it, and haven only watched a couple Gilliam flicks. It's on my to-watch list, but I keep pushing it back for some reason.