Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp
Peaceful Anarchy, I request and require that you watch First Blood because it really has very little to do with the overblown shenanigans of the later Rambo films.

My list:

1.The Good, The Bad and The Ugly - somehow I've never gotten round to seeing this. I'm not keen on Westerns on the whole, having seen a few of Eastwood's other efforts.

2. Rear Window - again, I've ignored most of Hitchcock's work out of indifference. I thought North by Northwest was dull, so maybe I just have poo poo taste in movies.

3. The Pianist - despite all the critical acclaim, I don't find the premise appealing.

4. Pan's Labyrinth - for shame, Deadford, for shame! Why do I purposely avoid this? Is it because I'm allergic to the gushing love for Spanish cinema that blossomed in the 90s?

5. Some Like It Hot - :effort: I probably owe it to myself to see some Billy Wilder

6. Slumdog Millionaire - eh, again another film that doesn't call out to me. Another massive critical love-in.

7. Annie Hall - like Hitchcock, Woody Allen's movies fly under my radar. I've heard a lot more about Annie Hall than some of his other works.

8. The Seventh Seal - Bergman. A reputation for weightiness is responsible here.

9. Mean Streets - I like Scorsese, but haven't got around to seeing some of his stuff from the 70s.

10. Les quatre cents coups - Perhaps it would serve as an introduction to Truffaut and that whole French New Wave thingy-ma-bob.

Pick away!

Robert Deadford fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jun 4, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU