Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Uh Oh, Peaceful Anarchy. I haven't seen any of the films you haven't seen. How odd. Well, from what I hear, I recommend Last Tango in Paris

1. Night of the Hunter - Not sure why I've not seen this. I imagine it's because I've just never crossed paths with a copy of it.

2. Anything by Akira Kurosawa besides Seven Samurai - Really, I blame laziness on this one. I only ended up seeing Seven Samurai because I bought it as a gift for a roommate.

3. Se7en - I love David Fincher, but something about this movie gives me the willies. Plus I had the ending spoiled for me.

4. The Sixth Sense - Same as the last entry, I had the ending spoiled for me, so I never bothered, plus I have a strong dislike for Haley Joel Osment in anything he does.

5. A Clockwork Orange - I have a love hate relationship with Kubrick films, and I guess I just never made it around to see this.

6. Rosemary's Baby - a combo of how much the idea of the movie actually creeps me out (a lot) and how much it's been referenced in pop culture.

7. North by Northwest - again, a film I've just never really crossed paths with or gone out of my way to see. It's the only Hitchcock movie I haven't seen, I think.

8. Brazil - I don't have an excuse. I had the DVD for a while before I gave it back to it's owner. I could have watched, but never did.

9. The Devil's Backbone As someone who outright adores any and all Guillermo Del Toro, this one seems like something I should have seen. Hell, I've seen Mimic (Mimic! :gonk:) so I don't know what the gently caress my problem is.

10. The Exorcist - another product of having the film saturated into Pop Culture. Oddly, I've seen the third one (which I thought was genuinely creepy and well made)

I am SHAMED.

TheBigBudgetSequel fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jun 1, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Apparently my list was so shameful, nobody wanted to recommend me one to watch. :smith:

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Sure you did, you got recommended Night of the Hunter.

My reading skills have apparently gone to poo poo. Thank you good sir.