Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

LesterGroans, try and find Cinema Paradiso. I'd recommend the theatrical version since it tends to be paced better.

I chose my movies that are critically acclaimed but haven't been known, referenced, or parodied by later media (so no Godfather/Apocalypse Now/etc though I'll try and catch up to them). I rather go in blind for the best experience.

1. Moon - Maybe it was Sony's lovely marketing, maybe I wasn't a fan of sci-fi horror (which it may or not be) so I thought this would be another Sunshine. But I only heard about this film once everyone started bitching that it wasn't nominated at the Oscars. I know nothing of what the plotline is (I don't even know genre it is), but I love sci-fi in general.

2. Ratatouille or Wall-E or Up - I've watched all the Pixar movies up to The Incredibles and that was the best one so far. The trailers for the later ones never did anything for me.

3. Mulholland Drive - Weird mindfuck movies are my favorite, I just never saw this one.

4. Memento - See above.

5. The Aviator or The Departed or Gangs of New York - Leonardo DiCaprio is becoming one my favorite actors and yet the only Scorcese/DiCaprio collaboration I saw was Shutter Island. How shameful.

6. No Country For Old Men - One of those Oscar winning movies that I never cared for. Apparently this one is actually good though.

7. The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - Only know about the showdown (from a gif no less), that's it.

8. Heat - Replace showdown from above with shootout.

9. Munich - Had this in the back of my mind back when Spielberg was still making decent movies. Never committed.

10. A Clockwork Orange - Could put all of Kubrick's movies in here, I just picked the one that looked the most interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU