Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

marioinblack, I recommend Chinatown to you. It's almost tied with 12 Angry Men as my favorite film on your list, but I would sooner watch the former again than I would the later. As a corollary to that recommendation and explanation, I would suggest you watch the made-for-TV remake when you get around to seeing 12 Angry Men.

Well, here's My List of Shame: The "What The gently caress Is Wrong With You" Edition.

1. Jaws- Yes, I know, I haven't seen the first big summer movie. I just never felt like watching it, and I think it's number one hundred something in my Netflix queue.

2. The Princess Bride- What I've seen from it I've found hilarious, and the cast is made up of people I love, but I have yet to watch the whole thing.

3. Terminator 2: Judgment Day- 1, 3, and 4 I have watched, but what many call the best film in the saga remains a mystery to me.

4. Ghostbusters- Comedy classic that I know next to nothing about. I want to keep it that way until I watch the movie, a movie I definitely should have seen years ago. Pretty terrible that I've seen Casper but not this.

5. Saving Private Ryan- Look I know that this is supposed to be an outing of shame, but it's getting really difficult to reveal these oversights.

6. Aliens- Only seen the original and Resurrection, and it was a very long time ago that I even watched those two.

7. The Great Escape- Fell asleep about thirty minutes in when it was on TV, because I'd been working all day. Time to fix that error.

8. 8 1/2- It's coming up in my queue, but I could always use a little extra incentive. I'm woefully uneducated in Fellini, so I need to bone up.

That's all for now. At least I can take consolation in the fact that it took a while to wrack my brain and come up with several films that have firmly entered pop culture that I have yet to watch. But still, I have little excuse for most of these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Arkane, see A Streetcar Named Desire. Sooner rather than later.

Jaws was an outstanding and meticulously crafted thriller. I was iffy about it, since it began the blockbuster trend, but this hit all the right notes. The characters were well-acted and interesting, and the shark genuinely gave me a few scares, even though Marty was right, it did look kind of fake.

1. Jaws- Yes, I know, I haven't seen the first big summer movie. I just never felt like watching it, and I think it's number one hundred something in my Netflix queue.

2. The Princess Bride- What I've seen from it I've found hilarious, and the cast is made up of people I love, but I have yet to watch the whole thing.

3. Terminator 2: Judgment Day- 1, 3, and 4 I have watched, but what many call the best film in the saga remains a mystery to me.

4. Ghostbusters- Comedy classic that I know next to nothing about. I want to keep it that way until I watch the movie, a movie I definitely should have seen years ago. Pretty terrible that I've seen Casper but not this.

5. Saving Private Ryan- Look I know that this is supposed to be an outing of shame, but it's getting really difficult to reveal these oversights.

6. Aliens- Only seen the original and Resurrection, and it was a very long time ago that I even watched those two.

7. The Great Escape- Fell asleep about thirty minutes in when it was on TV, because I'd been working all day. Time to fix that error.

8. 8 1/2- It's coming up in my queue, but I could always use a little extra incentive. I'm woefully uneducated in Fellini, so I need to bone up.

R. Guyovich fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jul 14, 2010