Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JohnnyDavidson
May 13, 2010

I think Beauty and the Beast should have ended on this scene, because I don't understand symbolism in film and I am literally incapable of recognizing foreshadowing.
Magic Hate Ball: You have to watch Saving Private Ryan. Once you get passed the first 20 minute gun battle, the movie gets really fun. I remember thinking it was going to be boring, but it really wasn't. It's nothing like Schindler's List btw, if that's what you meant by your Speilberg comment.

Forest Gump: I've seen parts of it, but never got around to watching the entire thing. It looks like Rain Man kind of.

Barry Lyndon: Watched the first 10 minutes, got bored and turned it off. I know I should really watch it because it will probably get more interesting later on. One of the few Kubrick movies I haven't watched.

City Of God: I have it, just never got around to watching it.

Back To The Future: Heard good things, supposed to be a classic 80's movie.

Ghostbusters: Another classic 80's movie that I've never seen. I don't know if you'd consider this, or Back To The Future "great movies", but I'm putting them on my list anyway.

The Seven Samurai: Don't know what to say about this one.

Rosemary's Baby: Supposed to be similar to The Exorcist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JohnnyDavidson
May 13, 2010

I think Beauty and the Beast should have ended on this scene, because I don't understand symbolism in film and I am literally incapable of recognizing foreshadowing.
Mistletoe Donkey - Go watch Mulholland Drive, it is David Lynch at his best. One of my all time favourite films.

1. Barry Lyndon - One of the few Kubrick movies I haven't seen yet.
2. 8 1/2
3. Seven Samurai - Tried watching this a few times, after 10 minutes I'm never in the mood.
4. Once Upon A Time In The West - Supposed to be better then TGTB&TU?
5. City Of God - Watched the first 30 minutes, can't remember why I didn't finish it.
6. Paths Of Glory - Another famous Kubrick movie I haven't seen.
7. The Third Man - Haven't watched a lot of noir, but just got done watching M and I liked it.
8. City Lights - Never watched a silent film before.
9. Pan's Labyrinth - No excuse I should have watched this by now.
10. Million Dollar Baby - Again, no excuse.

JohnnyDavidson
May 13, 2010

Watch Raging Bull it's a Scorsese classic. By the way the main character is played by Robert Deniro.

1. Platoon - Watched the first half already.
2. Triumph Of The Will - Looks interesting.
3. Seven Samurai - Never seen a Kurosawa movie.
4. Once Upon A Time In The West - Supposed to be better then TGTB&TU?
5. City Of God - Watched the first 30 minutes, can't remember why I didn't finish it.
6. Paths Of Glory - One of the few Kubrick movies I still haven't seen.
7. The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button - Tried watching this once, got bored during the really slow dialogue from the old women.
8. City Lights - Never watched a silent film before.
9. Pan's Labyrinth - No excuse I should have watched this by now.
10. 8 1/2

WATCHED: The Third Man.

JohnnyDavidson
May 13, 2010

zandert33 you get The Killing. It is one of my favorite noirs, and one of Kubrick's best. It's only 80 minutes or something. Good luck.

I'm going to steal Zogo's idea and just take the highest rated movies from the top 250.

13. Seven Samurai (1954) - I have only seen Rashoman from Akira Kurosawa.
20. Once Upon a Time in the West (1968) - I've seen the dollars trilogy twice, but never got around to watching this, which is apparently just as good, if not better.
28. It's a Wonderful Life (1946) - I think I watched this on TV as a kid.
30. Forrest Gump (1994) - Never got around to watching it, even though it's one of the most popular movies of the last 20 years.
54. Double Indemnity (1944) - One of many noirs I haven't seen.
63. Modern Times (1936) - The only Chaplin movie I have seen is City Lights.
64. Das Boot (1981) - I've actually seen the first hour of this, was really good, I can't remember why I didn't finish it.
65. Life Is Beautiful (1997) - Don't really know what this is.
72. The Treasure of the Sierra Madre (1948) - Heard good things.
73. Cinema Paradiso (1988) - Don't really know what this is.