Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Original Name
May 17, 2005
Creative?

penismightier posted:

Au Hazard Balthazar Another I own that I haven't gotten to, but like when are you in the mood for a movie like this

penismightier, you need to get in the mood for it now!

01. The Insider - I really enjoy Heat and Collateral by Michael Mann, and I think it's time I finally see this one.

02. The Fisher King - I've seen the majority of Terry Gilliam's movies but this one slipped under the radar.

03. Bringing Out the Dead - Scorsese is a pretty cool director and back in the days before Netflix I would walk by this movie at the rental store, read its back, put it down and rent something else, but no longer!

04. Badlands - I have The Thin Red Line, and I figure it's time to check out one of Terrence Malick's older movies.

05. Paths of Glory, Barry Lyndon, Spartacus, 2001 or Lolita - I've seen Kubrick's most popular movies but never these. Barry Lyndon seems to popular but I don't know what it's about, all I know is Paths of Glory is an antiwar movie, Spartacus leads a slave uprising and a malevolent computer in 2001 dislikes Dave.

06. Reservoir Dogs - In all honesty I think Tarantino sucks. I think Pulp Fiction is crazy overrated, his Jewish revenge flick was decent, Kill Bill, Vol. 1 never sparked my interest, and his contribution to Grindhouse was drawn out with lame conversations. I haven't seen this but I hear it's good and I'm willing to check it out.

07. Something by Roman Polanski other than The Pianist, Macbeth or Chinatown.

08. Blade Runner - I like a lot of movies by Ridley Scott and could probably list half a dozen easily. I never have seen Blade Runner, though, which I think is supposed to be his best.

09. Something by Alfred Hitchcock other than Vertigo, The Birds or Psycho. I feel like I'm missing out on so many film classics and I see people asking about The Rear Window and North by Northwest, and I get the feeling his movies have a universal appeal.

10. Something by Roger Altman other than M*A*S*H, Nashville or A Prairie Home Companion. I saw Nashville recently at some event put on by The Alamo Drafthouse and I'm curious what else he has done that would be worth watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU