Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Haha, Furuichi has the 0 King's crest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
So the Demon King is a bishonen after all.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

So the Demon King is a bishonen after all.

I think that the Demon King is basically the exact same as Oga, i.e punch things until they get resolved. Once he meets Oga he'll probably lock off his demon powers and they'll punch each other into oblivion until Beel shocks them both into unconsciousness

I honestly can't tell if this series is wrapping up or gearing up for another 200+ chapters.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Feb 13, 2014

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
I've never been happier to see a manga go full Dragonball. That was great.

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Awesome chapter! :)

The old guys mentioned the moon. Is that our next pit stop? :allears:

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
After I realized what was going on this chapter was gut-busting. But geez, I honestly have no idea is it's gonna be ending next chapter/soon or not. The comment at the end says next week will be a thank-you for 5 years. I just seems ominous but then again, the author has shown himself to be a true master at trope-trolling :haw:

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
If that was the final fight then all I can is that it ended as insanely awesome as it started. Also I love the poop brothers thing at the end.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

The sky full of Zebul Emblems was awesome. I got flashbacks to The Devil Is a Part Timer, though I believe Beelzebub's done it plenty as well. Also, knockoff Kamehameha (lol) battle was just the best.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Two chapters left and that's the end.

There is a spinoff starting in Jump Next, which is published every other month.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

It was a good run :patriot:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

No :(

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

RIP.

Content: I wonder what the spinoff is about?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Kanzaki and Paako's misadventures, I hope.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

This makes me sad. Beelzebub was easily one of the funniest manga I've read and probably the best current Shounen Jump manga. At least the artist is going to write another series that will probably be just as funny.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Was it ever explained who this dude was?

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Awwwwww. This makes me sad :negative:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The bad taste brigade strikes Japan again. This series should have continued on for 1000+ chapters. There was never a week that let me down in Beelzebub, which is more than I can say for some of the bigger shonen series.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

The bad taste brigade strikes Japan again. This series should have continued on for 1000+ chapters. There was never a week that let me down in Beelzebub, which is more than I can say for some of the bigger shonen series.

I don't think this was necessarily a rankings thing, Beelzebub clearly reached a natural feeling conclusion, and again, it's always better to end on a high note.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Rodyle posted:

I don't think this was necessarily a rankings thing, Beelzebub clearly reached a natural feeling conclusion, and again, it's always better to end on a high note.

I mean, if that's the case then I don't mind, but I've seen people bring up the rankings over the years. I'd hate for this ending to be the result of low popularity.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Still better to end on its own instead of going on so long that it turns bad. I'd rather be bummed that it ended but still have enjoyed the whole thing.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
Do you want Beelzebub to become bleach or naruto? I don't. Its good for things to end before they become bad. RIP

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Do you want Beelzebub to become bleach or naruto? I don't. Its good for things to end before they become bad. RIP

I want it to become One Piece.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Rodyle posted:

What? This whole last arc felt super rushed. Everything since like the chapter they went to America. They breezed past finding the Solomon company, meeting the mom, then going back for the final battle. There was a whole group of enemies, the zodiac people working for Solomon, who were just skipped over completely.

Also, Beelz has had pretty low rankings for a while. It is almost certainly a popularity thing, which is a real shame.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Also, note how they kept on introducing new characters and act as though we should have any idea who they are. New guy A is on Oga's side and went to catch crayfish with him, but new guy B petrified the town. It was all rushed as hell. I guess we should just be grateful that it lasted long enough for the super saiyan scene.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Let's all give thanks that we got to see the USA trip. I'll never forget gently caress. Never.:911:

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
http://www.batoto.net/read/_/225388/beelzebub_ch240_by_red-hawk-scans/1

Ai, Furuchin o/

Edit: Beaten like a mook fighting Oga :black101:

Cynic Jester fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Feb 20, 2014

bondster
May 6, 2007

The End

Oh my god, Beel's got a little sis :3:

EDIT: drat, beaten

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Loving the callback to the giant dragon that Hilda wanted Oga to get for Beel at some point

e: also I'm all sad now :smith:

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Finally, furichi gets his :yaycloud:

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
Too bad they didn't show his adventures in Hell. Great series, but the ending felt a bit abrupt.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Finally, furichi gets his :yaycloud:

Furuichi The General, thank you very much :colbert:

Crampy Grampaw
Jan 29, 2009

KittenofDoom posted:

Too bad they didn't show his adventures in Hell. Great series, but the ending felt a bit abrupt.

Hopefully that'll be in the spin-off

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

If the spinoff isnt about cool furichi i will cry :qq:

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

See, I don't think that's really possible anyway, it's a gag manga that doesn't take itself seriously and puts the punchline first. It's not like I'm really going to get impatient about pace of story or characterization or power creep, I think most of us are here for the jokes. Humor manga can go on far longer than your typical series without losing freshness, case in point Cromartie. But hey, there's a spinoff.

chami
Mar 28, 2011

Keep it classy, boys~
Fun Shoe
GORGON. ZOLA :black101:

Xyven
Jun 4, 2005

Check to induce a ban

It's pretty much perfect that the last joke of this series is a dick joke. Furuchin~~

jackymc
Mar 30, 2010
I'm really, really bummed this is ending. I always looked forward to this the most every week and now it's over :smith:

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Well, it was fun while it lasted. Guess it was tanking in the ratings and popularity or something? Going to miss the adventures of gently caress and Furuchin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I dunno, that ending felt pretty weak in my opinion. Not a lot of real closure and too much "here's this character with different hair". Still, a fun as hell series while it lasted.

I think the peak was around the Christmas tournament arc last year. That was fantastic.

• Locked thread