Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silento
Feb 16, 2012

The best gag manga is back! :allears: Not sure how often it will come out, though, the scanlator's site says probably once every 1-2 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Silento posted:

The best gag manga is back! :allears: Not sure how often it will come out, though, the scanlator's site says probably once every 1-2 months.

This is an ongoing thing? That's awesome, no matter how infrequent they will be.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"This will be the best for both of us, Bradley."
"Meow."

THF13 posted:

Bonus Beelzebub Side Story
Furuichi remains the best.

I've missed the series. I still don't understand I do how it got canceled right during its prime... At least we'll get some side-stories to make up for it.

Thurm
Nov 11, 2008
Look who's back!

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Wheres the rest :(

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
I don't know why, but I lost it to the throw away gag that Hilda watched The Exorcist and was cheering for Pazuzu.

jackymc
Mar 30, 2010
This chapter was awesome and I'm still pissed this got sorta-cancelled.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."
Beelzebub never disappoints. Except when it ended... drat...

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
A new chapter of the best series about a delinquent playing father to a demon lord's baby.

This was actually pretty creepy for Beelzebub. Played straight, it might've actually been terrifyin'. Teeth inside a pineapple, yo.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Life of Beel, Directed by Ang Lee.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
A new chapter of Furuichi, The Hero

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm so happy we get more Furuichi.

God drat, so much of the fourth wall got broken, the author might as well not bother putting it back up.

I wish this poo poo came out more often.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I can't believe this series ended after 240 chapters. Literally everything about it just kept getting better.

Seriously, even near the end it was "A new foe appears! What special technique will Oga use? Oh, he just punches him into unconscious." and it kept being hilarious.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Nov 1, 2014

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Man, I miss this series so much. Why did you cancel this Jump?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

pentyne posted:

Seriously, even near the end it was "A new foe appears! What special technique will Oga use? Oh, he just punches him into unconscious." and it kept being hilarious.

I absolutely loved how his fight with Jabberwock, who was built up as this big shounen end-boss, was won just by him literally trying harder. I wonder if the author's editors ever tried to convince him to take it in a more shounen direction, but I'm happy he always stuck to the comic's comedy roots.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

This got me to laugh like a mad man. This was taken from us before it's time.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL

pentyne posted:

I can't believe this series ended after 240 chapters. Literally everything about it just kept getting better.

Had the animation not been poo poo the series might have gained more in popularity, as well. They seriously used the same low-budget animation techniques for one of the biggest fights in the series as One Piece uses in its filler arcs.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Beelzebub-Bangai-Hen/Ch-005--Love-Blooms-in-The-Season-of-Partings?id=217076

Includes exfoliation!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Always good to see Beelzebub come back every couple of months. That was pretty great.

Gothmog1065
May 14, 2009

This is still probably one of the best mangas I've read in a long time. I'm so glad he's still coming out with chapters.

jackymc
Mar 30, 2010
http://bato.to/read/_/311639/beelzebub-side-story_ch6_by_red-hawk-scans/1

So wait, that's it? No more issues?!

I'm still reallllly upset about this manga's situation.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
EDIT: Beaten

Yeah, looks like that's it. Well, it was a good way of closing it off in my opinion.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Doc Brown would be proud.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Well if you have to go out, go out on a high note I guess

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I liked what happened to his dad.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Oga is as cool as his family is, now.:allears:

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
I didnt quite get that ending. Is the Beel from the comic's timeline floating out in time space there? If so then who i the baby theyre chilling with?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nah, they found Present Day Bel floating around in time (and retrieved him without devoting any pages to that), returned the pre-Oga Bel to Chapter 1 Oga, and then returned to the altered present.

At least, that's how I'm thinking it went.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I'll miss Oga putting people's heads into walls.

Blattdorf
Aug 10, 2012

"Meow."
Beelzebub had more quality to it in a single chapter than some mangas in a 100 of 'em. I'm sad to see it go like this, but at least it ended on a high note.

Thanks, Japs, you humorless fucks!

zerosix
Jun 22, 2012
This gave all the warm fuzzies I could have wanted from a final chapter.

Anyone want to discuss there favorite part of the series? Mine was Furuichi and the poison tissues. It went along way to illustrate what kinda of bad rear end was needed to be Oda's friend, even if he was a bit of a wimp.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, that scene was probably my favorite too. Furuichi's a pretty cool character, and I really liked how that arc delved into the issues stemming from his mistreatment (granted, a lot of them were brought on by himself). It was pretty dark, and that scene where Furuichi states that he'd being treated as nothing but a mob character was no different from dying had a ton of impact.

My other favorite scenes are probably Kanzaki being awesome or Toujou beating up the demon seal empowered guy despite losing his own seal from Oga and then believing that he'd won thanks to the non-existent power boost.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...
Has the author announced what they're going to work on next?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Dr. MonkeyThunder posted:

Has the author announced what they're going to work on next?
I think he put out a one-shot where the main characters are essentially Oga and Furuichi except they're brothers and the Oga analogy is a composite of Oga and Hilda. Must've used his best material already.

• Locked thread