Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zosologist
Mar 30, 2007
So I will be flying into London to visit my sister on November 13th and will be in Europe till the 1st of December. She wants to have an adventure and I'd really like to see some of the Mediterranean countries (mainly Spain/France, maybe Italy). Whats the best way for us to go about doing this? I'm thinking maybe fly into Madrid with a rail pass and go up through Barcelona into France.

Alternatively, my sister does have a car but I'm not sure how feasible it is for 3 English only assholes to go gallivanting across the continent finding rooms on the way. Also I'd imagine having a car in the major cities (Paris, Barcelona, Madrid, Rome ect.) would be more trouble than it's worth.

So what are my best options? Also bonus points for recommending cool poo poo I should see/do/eat.

Edit: Is northern France going to be miserable in late November? Also are we going to get hosed by the language barrier? "They" say the French are assholes and will sneer at me for my efforts in French, but I assume thats bullshit stereotyping... Right?

Zosologist fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Sep 30, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU