Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

Sai posted:

Broad guide to Amsterdam:

Inner part: tourist hell.
Middle part: pretty cool.
Outside: people live here. It's okay.

This is very broad. There's a lot of cool places in the inner centre, but it's mostly touristy stuff like the red light district. There's also a ton of poo poo places in the pretty cool-part, the Anne Frank-house is there and no self-respecting Amsterdammer wants to be seen near that thing. Overall it's more focused on the locals though. It's broad.

Even if you only go to party, visit Van Gough damnit. That place was awesome.

The other big museum was closed when I went :smith:

I don't care how touristy it is, the RLD is fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
A couple questions for you fine people:

I am in the process of planning a trip to Spain with my brother and a buddy. We're probably going from July 5-13 or so, spending two nights in Pamplona for the running, and the rest of the time in Barcelona.

I did San Fermin a few years ago, so I know Pamplona enough, but I know absolutely nothing about Barcelona. Any recommendations on places to stay or things to do would be wonderful.

Since I'm a bill paying adult now instead of lazy college grad like I was during my last trip, I've gotta keep it cheap, so we're looking at hostels most likely unless there's some kind of affordable apartment we could rent. I'm 27 and the other two are 25 and 26, if there's age restrictions on any recommendations for hostels.

As far as sites, we're looking to mix partying with some cultural stuff as well during the day and plenty of beach time.

I am also assuming that I don't need a railpass since it's all in country traveling, correct?

I am also trying to confirm that these exact dates are ok for everyone, so that kind of hampers me for another day or two. But the main hang up I'm having now is trying to figure out how plan our flights.

We're in Jersey, going to fly out of Newark. EWR to Barcelona round trip is about $200 cheaper than doing the round trip out of Pamplona. Is it totally insane to consider flying into Barca, taking a train out later in the week and then taking it back? Or should I one way it to Barca, train out to Pamplona, and then fly home out of there? My gut tells me that Pamplona is going to be chaos trying to get a cab and then fly out of there at the end of the festival (or beginning if we just one way it there first). Would this be correct?