Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luuq
Nov 27, 2007
hurrikaani
I'm going on an European road trip for a month with 3 friends, we're driving through Germany, Netherlands, Belgium, France, northern Italy and Swizerland. So when we come to a bigger city, like Amsterdam, we should just leave the car outside the city, even when we are going to stay for several nights? This is also what a friend told me who did something similar. Now I'm wondering is it easy to find a place to leave your car? Is it really impossible to get the car to the place we are sleeping? (Hostel/couchsurfing). If we do this we sort of need to pack our stuff in backpacks and not have too much stuff, which I guess is a good idea anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luuq
Nov 27, 2007
hurrikaani

Magic Underwear posted:

As long as I'm posting, can anyone give me recommendations for Slovenia

I'm in Mariboi now, after spending 2 nights in Ljubljana:

Ljubljana itself is small so you can see the most of it in 1 day, but 2 days should give you time the find the stuff that interests you. Go to the castle, the view is cool.

Then also try to get out of the city to Bled, it's really beautiful: http://www.google.si/search?q=bled&...iw=1280&bih=839 . It took 45minutes to drive there from Ljubljana with our local friends' car but most likely there is some sort of transport going there.

Close to Bled is the Triglav National Park, I can't remember what the name of the valley was we were in but it's equally amazing. It's the hiking trail in the upper right corner here : http://www.tnp.si/images/uploads/zemljevid_big2.jpg.

Mariboi has a festival called Lent going on biw which has given the student city a lot of more action than it normally has during the summer. It goes on for 2 weeks, maybe you might catch it. Otherwise this city is pretty dead, but it+s the second largest city but also has a lot of less tourists than Ljubljana so you might want to check it out.

Enjoy Slovenia, it's a very beautiful country with people who are one of the friendliest I've ever met. You will love it!