Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008

Doctor Malaver posted:

Guggenheim museum in Bilbao? Pamplona is also near San Sebastian and they don't have bull runs all the time but I'm sure it's worth checking out anyway.

I would not recommend Pamplona outside of San Fermin, it is awesome during San Fermin, but outside that 2 week period I have heard there is nothing to do and the city is nothing special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
Planning a trip in Spain, I fly into and out of Madrid August 9th-September 2nd.

My tentative schedule is Madrid-Granada-Valencia-Barcelona-San Sebastian-Madrid. I am trying to shoot for spending 2500-3000 dollars for the 23 or so days, does this seem doable with a combination of couch surfing/hostels/airbnb? Is there anywhere else I should look at hitting or anything else I should look at doing?

I was going to try to hike in either the Sierra Nevadas outside of Granada and/or the Pyrenees which I guess I would use Barcelona as a base does anyone have any experience hiking or fly fishing in these areas?

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008

Saladman posted:

If you want to save money, take buses instead of trains**, but at €100 day it should be no problem at all either way. You could do your trip for €1500 without breaking a sweat.

**specifically the high speed trains are crazy expensive, like 3x the price of a bus for the equivalent distance.

Last time I was in Spain we used busses most of the time and it worked out pretty well. I definitely plan on primarily using busses since the I don't have too many super long treks. I might rent a car for a day or two depending on how easy/tough it is to get to the national parks.

Has anyone been to La Gracia Festival in Barcelona?

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
Me and my SO are both teachers and decided to make the most of our summer break and we are flying into/out of Madrid June 26th-August 7th. We have both travelled a bit in Spain and really enjoyed it but are unsure how we want to structure our time

Option 1: Bounce around Spain/Portugal doing a week or so in different places (probably Granada/Seville, Barcelona, San Sebastian, Madrid, maybe Lisbon/Porto) we would probably alternate between hostels and AirBnB's for the duration of the trip. I have done 2 month long trips in Spain and have loved it and she has also had some travel in Spain so we wouldn't really be covering much new ground but we have both really enjoyed Spain and wanted to revisit some of those places.

Option 2: Fly into Madrid then travel for that first week June 26th-1st before renting/subletting an apartment for the month o fJuly in either Spain (probably Madrid), Portugal (probably Lisbon), or pretty much anywhere else in Europe (would love suggestions) since flights are pretty reasonable. We would then use that apartment as sort of a home base where we could do 3-4 day trips or day trips around where we would be staying in hostels to meet people. Then the week of July 31st-August 7th work our way back to Madrid. Right now we are leaning towards this option since it would be significantly cheaper and it would be nice to have a place to chill but I am a little concerned we won't be able to meet a ton of people during that month in the apartment as opposed to crashing at hostels.

I guess my question which option sounds better and if we went with option 2 if anyone had any suggestions for a good city to stay in for that nmonth in July (we are open to pretty much anything but would love somewhere with some good food and some potential hiking/outdoor options).

Swarmin Swedes
Oct 22, 2008
So just found out I am going to be in Dubrovnik from Saturday-Tuesday this week. Any suggestions on what to do/day trips/stuff to do off the beaten path. Would like to do some outdoorsy stuff maybe a hike or rent a kayak but am open to pretty much anything. I think Sunday is going to be pretty locked down with the World Cup Final but other than that totally free.