Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I'm going to Europe (from Australia) in October / November. Am going to spend 2 weeks in Berlin then few days in Amsterdam and a week in London. I was thinking about getting the ferry from IJmuiden to Newcastle then the train to London. Is this a stupid idea after two days of partying? Will I want to kill myself when I realise I'm stuck on a boat for 15 hours or however long it takes.

The other option is getting the train from Amsterdam - Bruxelles - London. I already know I should just get the train like a normal person but I want to make sure I'm not missing out on a great travel exeperience by not getting the ferry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Haha, well put. Thanks for the advice. The train it is. Are there any attractions in Bruxelles that are worth a look while I'm passing through?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
I'm going to be in London for Halloween this year. Is it a holiday that Brit-goons celebrate at all? If so, are there any good parties / club nights / gigs on that weekend you would recommend?

Musically I'm into the harder-end of dance music so any hardstyle, hard dance, breakcore, even industrial or ebm parties would be awesome. Failing that, just something kind of alternative and underground would be great. I was looking at the Torture Garden parties but I don't know if I want to commit to getting dressed up and spending heaps of money on a ticket just yet.

Also, are there any weekly or regular 'rave' clubs in or around London? I don't mind if it's not a massive stadium rave but it'd be nice to hear some hard tunes and get my shuffle on.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

cyberia posted:

London halloween words

After a bit of googling I think I'll be going to Sinistry:Halloween at the Lightbox on the friday night and then the Spirit of Labyrinth at Hidden on the saturday night.

If there are any London goons passing through the thread I'd still love any recommendations for underground stuff to do and see.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!

Cheesemaster200 posted:

I'm going to be going to Oktoberfest next year with a lot of people. Is there a hostel in Munich that anyone knows of which has dorm type accommodation (like 10 beds or something) which can be rented out?

Check out hostelworld.com you can search for hostels in Munich and it will show the availability for each one. You can also book through the site.