Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

I'm taking a cruise in September that will be leaving out of Barcelona and visiting Monaco, Florence, Rome, Naples, Messina, Palma de Mallorca and Marseilles. I am planning on leaving a few days earlier in order to see more sites in Spain.

The itinerary doesn't afford me any more than a single day in any one location, so seeing all of a place like Rome is definitely out, but I've never been to the mediterranean before and I'd like to catch as many highlights as possible. I'm most interested in architecture, museums, picturesque scenery and being outdoors. That's not to say that I'm not open to doing things that fall outside of those categories, I've found some of the most rewarding things in life and in travel especially can be taking a diversion from the expected.

Can anyone recommend sites to see in any of the travel locations, or any recommendations as to what would be a good itinerary to follow during my extra days in Spain? I've already read the thread on Rome extensively and I think I have a pretty decent idea of how to fill my day there, so I'm mainly focused on finding out about the other ports of call.

SheepNameKiller fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jul 21, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU