Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Two weeks in Spain in September, flying into and out of Madrid. I've done Madrid before, and the girlfriend's more interested in other parts of the country, so we were thinking of only spending a couple days there then bailing to San Sebastian (2-3 days)->Barca (4 days)->Maybe Majorca(2 days)->Andalucia (4 days). Too much for the time? Any other recommendations? I've been all over most of these places, but not for fifteen years. Planning on traveling mostly by rail within the country proper, flying to/from Majorca if we do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Waroduce posted:

Go to Ibiza

Presumably instead of Majorca?

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

After all the feedback we're gonna cut out the islands entirely, probably do something more like this:

Madrid (2-3 days), San Sebastian / Basque Country (3 days), Barcelona (4-5 days), Andalucia--thinking Seville, Granada, Cordoba (4-5 days). We'll look into Logrono and Jerez de la Frontera as well.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

San Sebastian also has an incredibly good food scene, my god. Bar-food dinner there was better than most restaurant food I get in a major US city.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

actionjackson posted:

Here's my favorite pics from my trip

https://imgur.com/a/IaG400A

Made me nostalgic for Barcelona and Madrid! Great shots, thanks for posting.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

So I'm booking a trip for my fam around Italy & Greece stopping off in Portugal to see my pops at the end. Is there anything I need to do in the Athens airport on the way to Lisbon other than just get to the next plane? Not sure if we have to clear customs or do anything specific, want to make sure 1:10 layover is long enough.

Nur_Neerg fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Apr 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

Jean-Paul Shartre posted:

Assuming you’re departing from Athens, not connecting, no there won’t be customs or anything. Just standard airport security checks. And p.s. there’s a very good loukumades stand in the airport. I liked the pistachio ones but can’t go wrong with anything with dark chocolate either.

Flying through Athens from Mykonos to Lisbon. Does that change the math at all? Definitely gonna have to make time for pistachio sweets :D