Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mrs. Mahler
Mar 8, 2006
Why a duck?
I'm planning a trip to Europe for October that'll last about a month. What cities are really fun and safe to bike through? Also, are there places where it's legal to bike on the sidewalk or with lots of bike lanes? I know some people hate people who do this but... I got used to it living in Japan and I get freaked out biking in the street.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mrs. Mahler
Mar 8, 2006
Why a duck?
I booked a trip to Europe scheduled for next week. I'll fly into Dusseldorf and out from Madrid (it was cheaper to fly into Dusseldorf and then take Ryanair from Cologne to Spain). I wanted to see Barcelona, Granada, Seville, and perhaps a few day trips in the south.

Any opinions on how the protests will affect tourists? From the looks of things now, I think I could just avoid the squares where the protests are but I don't want to be there if things get really hairy. Does anyone know if there are big protests in Seville and Granada too?

If things get bad, my plan B is to work my way down to Madrid by train.

Mrs. Mahler fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Sep 27, 2012

Mrs. Mahler
Mar 8, 2006
Why a duck?

Weatherproof posted:

How bad of an idea is it to go travel around touristy places (like Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague) in July with no accommodation booked? Really want to just wing and not have to prebook accommodation and decide how long I want to spend it certain areas but I've heard it's not a good idea cause July is really the peak of peak season.

I did it three years ago and it was alright. Try to book your Friday and Saturday nights ahead of time. If you end up going to Paris, I'd book ahead as well. All the hostels seemed horrible and dirty for such high prices.