Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flyingfoggy
Jun 3, 2006

My fellow Obamas...
So I'm studying abroad in Dublin until Christmas. My friends and I are going to book our first few getaways very soon. Here is the list of places we want to go, not including trips around Ireland:

Paris
London
Glasgow/Edinburgh (I'm not a huge fan but it'll be a 5 euro flight and my friend has family there)
Italy (I think Rome and Venice?)

Depending on time/money, we have also been throwing around the idea of going to one or two of these places (in no particular order):

Prague
Spain (Barcelona?)
Greece
Budapest
Bratislava
Croatia
Amsterdam
Berlin

Most of these trips would be Thursday-Sunday, varying slightly depending on RyanAir costs, minus one in late October that is a little longer due to a bank Holiday which I think we are going to do Italy for. I only know a little bit about these places so any suggestions would be amazing. I probably left out some really cool places too. The goal is doing it cheap but still hopefully going to some really cool and memorable places, since I'm sure we won't be able to make it back out here for at the very least a few years. If possible I'd like to at least do 1 place where we can live like kings for a weekend with the exchange rate because prices (especially booze and eating out) have been loving us over in Dublin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flyingfoggy
Jun 3, 2006

My fellow Obamas...
Is Rome alright to visit in early December? We would save 60 or so euro each on flights that weekend instead of our originally planned weekend in October.

flyingfoggy
Jun 3, 2006

My fellow Obamas...

Ziir posted:

This is almost completely opposite to the questions in this thread, but Europeans, if you've gone to the US is there some kind of packaged food that you miss? I'm from the US but now I'm living in Germany, and I know several people from other countries here. For example, last night we were talking and the Russian guy said he'll ask his parents to bring some Russian caviar for us next week when they come to visit. My parents are sending me my glasses in a small box that has some extra room to fit something small, but I can't think of what to tell them to send that I wouldn't really be able to find here in Germany.

Any ideas? Some kind of snacks, spices, herbs, etc? It must be factory sealed as I don't think they can send it otherwise. It can't be chocolate or any candy that can melt because my parents live in the desert and it'll probably melt before it even leaves the city.

Just quickly off the top of my head in Ireland I can think of: black beans, cilantro, apple cider (they have hard cider everywhere but not the delicious kind we are used to in America), salt water taffy. I'm sure there are a lot more. Anything related to Mexican food has been pretty difficult.