Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SkippyTheDemon
May 6, 2007
There are a lot of freaks and geeks at DLI, kinda comes with the job field. But furries and such are the highly visible exception, not the rule. You're more likely to see people driven to extreme behavior through stress than people who just come in openly displaying their fetishes.

My own anecdote of creepiness: I remember spending a night in the conference room for the Designated Driver program with a group of kids who were playing Werewolf while loudly voicing their lust for "the lolis". I think it was the last DD session I ever attended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkippyTheDemon
May 6, 2007

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

Oh, and then the guys two doors down from me in the barracks (also into LARP, horror movie figurines, and pretending they were going to be Force Recon someday) were the two that tried to stab a girl to death on the beach in Oceanside. Are those guys still local legend at DLI?

I'm not sure about it being common knowledge, but my instructors definitely were there at the time or had heard about it, and relayed it to our class at one point. I was astonished when I read the article. Of course, I shouldn't be that surprised, what with the history of prostitution and meth labs at the post. >_< I wonder how much crazy stuff goes on and just isn't noticed...

SkippyTheDemon
May 6, 2007
I just remembered something from DLI. For those of you still there or know what I'm talking about, the male restroom just outside the Java Cafe by the Middle East schools has Warhammer 40k graffiti. That post really is a different place. /wistful sigh

• Locked thread