Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

redkillroy posted:

You're forgetting the joys of Zero Punctuation.

But, yes, LARPing is horrific.
It's a different site. I ended up there once by accident while meaning to head to ZP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Exactly. Too bad they'll still claim everything from ignorance to blue murder just to try and save their sorry arses when they do something incredibly dumb.

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

dividebyzero posted:

Hrrm, it's a thread about DLI spergers and someone, presumably an American, who unironically says 'arse'. Unless you correct yourself soon and don't think you'll be one of the wretches this thread was intended to document, then I have some bad news for you.
Try again.

:australia:

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

How do they even do poo poo like that without getting hosed up for it :psypop:

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

I would've thought the first officer or even NCO to see him would've ripped the loving poo poo out of him for wearing it in the first place. Is it that rare to run into someone with actual rank around there, or do you guys just have really lax uniform regs?

gently caress, we had a (moderately) new fuckup get a good talking to because he hadn't laced his boots and bloused his pants properly, and our unit's really not that regi at all

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

hammeredspace posted:

Thanks for making me feel massively inadequate, Hobo of the Dead.

Hah! Bet you didn't know that Muertos meant "the dead" in Spanish; haha, silly Arabic/Farsi linguist!

oh god let me have my victories where i can i am literally the shittiest linguist on the planet :(
just dropping by to say i think your posts are amazing and at least if you totally gently caress up at being a linguist you can be safe in that knowledge

i really wish i could speak a second language, but i never actually get that far and the lack of any conceivable use means i forget it easily. was starting to pick up dutch as a kid living in the uk and going there constantly, but then we moved. more recently, three years of french got forgotten in about three days, because i know only one fluent speaker (a french mechanic, cool dude) and i haven't seen him since we sold our citroen bx 16 valve (yes, the two are very connected). i guess if i learned an asian language i'd be pretty much set but i don't want to so gently caress that :saddowns:

anyway i'm going to stop blabbering on and leave you guys to post more entertaining anecdotes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

tengohemroidz posted:

She was actually pretty hot too. I don't know if she ever got caught.
military hot or hot hot

• Locked thread