Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HellishWhiskers
Mar 29, 2012

She was an awkward girl
Scored 125 on DLAB, Nerdtown here I come

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HellishWhiskers
Mar 29, 2012

She was an awkward girl

Internet Wizard posted:

Have fun with a cat 4 language. I know I am. :smith:

What's your poison?

HellishWhiskers
Mar 29, 2012

She was an awkward girl
I came in being super excited about being stationed somewhere overseas, but all I got was Farsi. Started my first day of actual language today and my friend who started Urdu two weeks ago spent his weekend being completely shitfaced. One of the people I came with from BMT has pretty much severed with the rest of us in favor of drawing manga. I love my new life.

HellishWhiskers
Mar 29, 2012

She was an awkward girl
Halfway through Farsi. I have a 3.7. I have never hated learning a language this much in my life before, and I've learned four - two of them in a fairly intense "learn this now or suffer" way. There is nothing redeemable about this process - it still doesn't even work for like half the people in the class. We're also on some kind of lovely pilot program so all that means for us is more work compared to other classes that is poorly defined and tanks everyone's grades and the MLIs don't give any shits whatsoever while we get dicked over.

Also piss jugs in Airmen's wall lockers and stories of roofying at the Bull and the Bear that would put Bill Cosby to shame.

This loving place.

HellishWhiskers
Mar 29, 2012

She was an awkward girl

Internet Wizard posted:

Does the Bear and the Bull still have all of the old Mucky Duck signs up inside of it, or did they finally finish changing the interior stuff to match the new name?

The one and only time I blacked out in Monterey was after drinking there. Good times.

I haven't stepped foot in that place because I don't want to be associated with poo poo that goes on in there in any way plus I haven't had a real desire to get shitfaced yet.

HellishWhiskers fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Nov 6, 2015

HellishWhiskers
Mar 29, 2012

She was an awkward girl

Friar Zucchini posted:

Being Farsi really doesn't help here, if that makes you feel any better. :v:

...I mean you could also get sent to Ft Meade. Rumor has it that that place is in Maryland. :emo:

I mean, I've heard that Meade is better, but I'm guessing that everything is just awful. Also, I'm in, so there's that too.

HellishWhiskers
Mar 29, 2012

She was an awkward girl
Air Force is on almost-kind-of-Lockdown after three DUIs in the same weekend, one of which involved somebody underage driving into a fence from being too drunk fifty feet after making it through the front gate.

Good times.

HellishWhiskers
Mar 29, 2012

She was an awkward girl

Analogical posted:

gently caress else is new.

What's the new name for the Mucky Duck? I heard it changed.

Bull and the Bear. Still the same old shithole, of course.

HellishWhiskers
Mar 29, 2012

She was an awkward girl
2+ 2 in Farsi. I am so happy to be finally leaving this crazy shithole that I'm sure I'm going to have nostalgic memories of in the future.

Also it's Gordon for me, because of course it is.

HellishWhiskers fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Mar 31, 2016

HellishWhiskers
Mar 29, 2012

She was an awkward girl
All I know is I'll be out of AETC and that's good enough for me.

HellishWhiskers
Mar 29, 2012

She was an awkward girl

Internet Wizard posted:

You're AF? I think they're the only people that don't actively hate their time in TX. The Army isn't allowed to drink, and the Marine detachment is an absolute nightmare of a unit. Like they warn us about how awful it is when we leave Monterey.

Yeah, though I've been told that it's still pretty crappy on the AF side as well, just not as bad.

HellishWhiskers
Mar 29, 2012

She was an awkward girl
Thanks for the writeup, man. I'll look into this stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HellishWhiskers
Mar 29, 2012

She was an awkward girl
Just to double check - since I'm driving to Texas, do I have to do the weight checking on the day I actually leave or can it be before? Also looking for car scales is a total pain in the rear end, I've yet to find one that's open.

• Locked thread