Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tlacuache
Jul 3, 2007
Cross my heart, smack me dead, stick a lobster on my head.

Because one of my rats did something cute, I have to share it everywhere.

Here is Face, who is just about to turn a year old. I looked over and found him asleep, just like this:

(He's awake here because Janson, who is the biggest attention whore in the world, saw me coming with a camera and tried to get in the shot. I dodged to the side at the last second, which is why the picture quality kind of sucks.)

Also, after I clean their cage today, I think I might need to bathe them. I buy recycled paper pellet litter for them, and had to buy the red kind for their last cage cleaning because it was all that was available. It died their bellies and butts pink. I don't think it's harming them, but it looks weird as hell.

ETA: Oh hell, I took Janson out to play with and noticed that he has a little bulgy mass on his abdomen. Hopefully the vet is open tomorrow.

Tlacuache fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Jul 4, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tlacuache
Jul 3, 2007

I posted in the previous rat thread when I got my three boys: Janson, Hobbie, and Face. The last of the three, Hobbie, died last week at the respectable age of just under three and a half.

I'm in my grieving "No more rats!" phase that I went through after my rats from college died (and then ended up getting the terrible three within the year), but looking at pictures of rats here and in other places is making me soften. Again. I was looking at my local rat group fully intending to put their cage up for sale, but rats are just so adorable, and so great, and I have a wonderful vet already in the area...

I either need to fill this cage up with a couple of rats or get rid of it, it makes me so sad seeing it empty when I look in to see how Hobbie is and he's not there.

Tlacuache
Jul 3, 2007

I'm giving it a month before I decide one way or the other. On the one hand, it's so hard to see them go, but on the other, they're such good little guys while they're here. And I miss their little noses and tails. And their constantly trying to take things off my desk when they were younger. And the time Janson tried to dive-bomb my beer--no more rats out with food not meant for them after that.

Also, how did it take me so long to switch over to fleece for their cage? I only did when my last two guys hit the three year mark, and holy poo poo, it made cleanup so much easier all around. Which is doubly great, since I developed joint problems in the past couple of years and the pain of cleaning up after them was one of my biggest problems recently.

One month.