Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MissConduct
Jun 20, 2008

Hardships are like training with lead weights...
When they come off, you go flying down the road!

Serella posted:

Rats seem to choke on things a lot. When I was visiting my friend, I was sitting by the rat cage when one of hers began to choke, so I picked him up and gave him a little rattie Heimlich and then some water all while the friend was flipping out and trying to figure out what to do. :mmmhmm: The rat in question went back to scarfing down his food just as quickly as before when put back into the cage, and apparently learned nothing from his experience, having another choking episode the next week which my friend was able to deal with.

I wonder if he would have been able to pass it without interference?

How does one perform a "Rat Hemlich"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MissConduct
Jun 20, 2008

Hardships are like training with lead weights...
When they come off, you go flying down the road!
I don't know if I mentioned how I got my rats but basically my former neighbor got evicted and just left his rats in his apartment. They were all less than a year old at the time.

He had cobbled together two bird cages and one rabbit cage to form a bigger cage. My husband and I dubbed it Frankenstein.
I really hated it. It was a bitch to clean and they were constantly flinging food out of it and would somehow manage to crap through the bars.

I know many of you like the Critter Nation Cages but I'm more of a do it yourself type of person and I was inspired by the Rat Grotto -http://www.dapper.com.au/grotto.htm

Last week I found a shelf on wheels behind my local grocery store and took it home.
I've been working on it and it's almost ready! I just need to complete the door and get a ladder or two and a small litter pan.

I let them play in it yesterday and they seemed happy with it. :3:

Have a cute photo of Bywater munching a Cheerio!

Click here for the full 604x340 image.