Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatMachine
Feb 26, 2010
I have a questions for the more experienced rat goons.
I have two females both a little more than a year old. They share a 2/1/4 ft cage(cage is the best term i have for it). I had my first one for about 9 months before I got the second but they moved into their current cage when I got the second. Lately I've noticed small scabs on Prudence my second rat who is a bit more timid in demeanor. These scabs are fairly small about the size of medium to small bread crumbs and I've only really found them on her neck and face.
Are these types of injuries common for rats fighting or insects bites?
If they are fighting should i let them stay in the same cage or put a divider in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatMachine
Feb 26, 2010

Rodent Mortician posted:

That sounds more like mites to me. Whenever I've had rats that routinely fought I ended up seeing gashes and scratches, not speckled scabbing.
What is the best treatment for mites?