Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady Stormcrow
Oct 22, 2005

The fun never stops in Ivakatown
Well, Crowley and Aziraphale turned a year old today, but they didn't have a very happy birthday. They've both got lice (poor Crowley has it the worst), so they've been given an olive oil bath and dosed with Ivermectin, and they spent most of the day in their traveling crate while I washed everything with bleach.

Now that the Scouring of the Bathroom is complete, the Great Washed are back in their cage and seem to be doing okay (I think they're mostly happy that they don't smell like a pizza anymore). I have the Ivermectin for the next few weeks, and I know to clean everything a lot, but is there anything else I should be doing? I freeze their bedding, so I'm not sure how they got lice in the first place, but I'll be on higher guard in the future, and meanwhile I want them to be comfortable while the Ivermectin does its thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Stormcrow
Oct 22, 2005

The fun never stops in Ivakatown
Oh god, we lost Crowley this morning :( He would have been 2 years old tomorrow.

He's always had recurring respiratory problems, and been off-and-on Baytril when he got uncomfortable, and that always helped for a while. But over the weekend he suddenly got worse than I've ever seen. I took him to the vet on Monday and put him on meds again, but he kept getting worse. This morning I gave him a small bath, and as I was drying him, he just . . . lay down in my lap, and that was it.

I'm sorry to spill like this, but he and his cagemate are the first rats I've ever had. I don't know what I'll do about Aziraphale now (who's plump and active and has never had any health problems at all). He needs a buddy, but I'm not ready to start with a new pair of babies. Maybe look for a rescue? Aziraphale's a big bossy guy, but not aggressive. I just don't know :(

RIP Crowley, my sweet cuddly scruffy lump.

Stealin' a chicken bone. He loved all things chicken.

The boys together in happier times.