Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

manpants posted:

(I don't get it)
Read this page, from a few posts down from the top to the bottom.

Also, what other options are there for you at the shop you work at? Sounds like you can just wait for another deal to come along, which shouldn't take too long if you work at a shop that turns over second-hand cameras on a regular basis. Anything less damaged coming down the pipe?

EDIT: I was bag-shopping for a bit today, and trying to picture all of my DSLR stuff in the various compartments of the bags. I'll have to mentally include a ziplock full of basmati :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

HPL posted:

Thinking about it further, batch crop everything, then go through the photos. You may not even miss those two edges of the photo. If you see a photo and wish there was a little more, you can get the original and clone out the date stamp.
This is an excellent suggestion. Going through 1800 photos and individually cropping or clone-stamping would be mind-destroying.

Where's a good place to buy aftermarket batteries from? Newegg doesn't have anything for my Pentax Optio WG-1, and Amazon doesn't carry anything at all. Pentax brand-name batteries are like $60, what brand names should I be searching for that won't be horrible prices?

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
I'm not concerned about quality if I can get them for 1/10th the OEM price. But I don't know where to look - so, ebay, then? Just search for my camera's name plus "battery"?

• Locked thread