Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bongodrums
May 7, 2010
Picked up an X10 yesterday. Anything you guys want to see/test?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongodrums
May 7, 2010
The AF on the X10 is actually very fast and still very good in low light. I would say the fastest point and shoot I have ever used. This was also one of the first comments my friends made after picking up the camera.

Where would be a good place to host some photos of the EXR modes and high ISO samples?

Bongodrums
May 7, 2010

Lowness 72 posted:

So I'm wondering if you guys can help me out here...

My wife and I recently went on a trip to Europe where she proceeded to take ~1800 photos. One problem: the time and date stamp was turned on - so there's a huge, orange, time and date stamp in the bottom corner of the photo.

Thanks guys

I believe GIMP is a free software much like photoshop that has a clone tool that is very easy to use. I don't personally have it, but I think it's worth looking into since it's free.

Bongodrums
May 7, 2010

poopinmymouth posted:

How do you find the viewfinder, and if you use it, are you ok with it not having any info inside? Can you still rely on the AF to work? Can you see the AF light from the corner of your eye while using it?

Hi. The viewfinder is much much better than all the compacts on the market.
Like you said, there is no data in the viewfinder but you can see the green confirmation light which blinks if it cannot focus.

With such a small sensor, getting stuff in focus is not that hard and I have not missed once using it. All i do is set it to the center point and focus/recompose.

Do it use it? Yes I do, but when you get too close to a subject, it's inaccurate due to parallax. I would say I use both 50/50. I would say the viewfinder is just a bonus. The response of the camera itself is pretty darn good.

Bongodrums
May 7, 2010

ExecuDork posted:

I'm not concerned about quality if I can get them for 1/10th the OEM price. But I don't know where to look - so, ebay, then? Just search for my camera's name plus "battery"?

If you want to try and save even more money, look up the model number of your battery then look to see if your battery for your camera is shared in any other older camera.

For example: battery 50-np may be used in 3-4 cameras made by the same company.
If you start ebay searching for those batteries using the different camera models, you will find that the older the camera model, the cheaper the price for the battery.

• Locked thread