Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rukes
Jan 1, 2001

Yes, The Rukes

qirex posted:

The S90 is coming up on a year old now, have there been any rumblings about a replacement model?

CanonRumors has had a bit of rumors on it.

Mid July:
"S95
Same as the G12, with some ergonomic changes." - No earlier than September.

Recent rumors:
"S90
I was just told the S90 has officially reached EOL (End of Life)."

and

"S90
A few more confirmations of the S90 not appearing on new pricing lists in a few countries."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rukes
Jan 1, 2001

Yes, The Rukes

Greybone posted:

What are they replacing it with? :confused:

Read my post?

Rukes
Jan 1, 2001

Yes, The Rukes

Dongsmith posted:

I'm starting to get pretty anxious. Amazon.com has changed the S95's status from "pre-order" to "Temporarily out of stock", which makes me wonder if they got a cache of them and shipped them out to the earliest pre-orders and I'm S.O.L. for the moment, or if they're just preparing the product page for the first batch of S95s to get shipped from Canon.

It's the former. I pre-ordered mine on the 24th and it's still "we don't have a ship date yet" but people who pre-ordered around the 20th and before got the first batch, which apparently started shipping on Friday.

Rukes
Jan 1, 2001

Yes, The Rukes
Anyone with a S95 able to upload the Mac DPP software 3.9 somewhere? The latest one on the Canon site is still 3.8, which doesn't support the S95...so the musician I'm touring with decided to get a S95 and leave the CD back home while shooting in RAW.

At least in the meantime I can use my Windows laptop with it to convert, but it's gonna be a pain.

Rukes
Jan 1, 2001

Yes, The Rukes

moron posted:

Here you go...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/289353/Powershot%20S95%20CD.zip

edit: is it Deadmau5? :worship:

Thanks, and yes :)

Rukes
Jan 1, 2001

Yes, The Rukes

Dominoes posted:

Any idea on the release date? I'm deciding if I should buy a S95 now or wait.

edit: Article says available in November. I'm going to wait.

I just got an email from Amazon saying the estimated arrival date for the S100 is October 06 2011 - October 18 2011, so it looks like it might ship the first or second week of October.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rukes
Jan 1, 2001

Yes, The Rukes
Just a note that the S100 comes out at BestBuy on Sunday the 23rd! So I think this is ahead of Amazon/B&H, etc...

Of course, if you feel like visiting a lot of local ones like I did, you can get one now if that store is clueless about the street date/has them easily accessable :)

When the local LA area store looked around at stock levels, most stores had only one or two of each color per store (so around 2 black, 2 silver, or 1 of each, etc...) ready for Sunday.

Just from taking it out, the wrist strap is like a bungee cord, unlike the S95 which was the fabric that if it touched velcro at all, would fray like crazy.

The body itself is thinner, it's all matte (S95 was glossy on the top) and it just feels like this is an actual major upgrade from the S90, rather than a small stopover that the S95 was. Charging the battery now!

• Locked thread