Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I light fires
May 12, 2001

krushgroove posted:

So I dropped my brand new S95 in a stream - completely submerged for about 2-3 seconds. My jacket had a massive hole in one of the pockets I didn't spot until after the camera fell.

It turned on OK a couple of minutes later but a few minutes after that I got a very dark screen (the barest ghost of an image), I'm guessing some water got to the internals through the front ring because the battery compartment and AV plug area just had some small drops. I took out the battery and card and let it air dry for about 30 minutes, and when I tried again I got the screen to set the time and date, but the screen froze after about 20 seconds. I'm letting it dry overnight to see what happens. How screwed am I, do you think?

I did something very similar with an ipod touch and a hot tub. I lucked out and had bought my ipod on my visa which has buyer protection for the first 90 days which includes theft and accidents. If you used your credit card to buy your camera and its fairly newish you might want to look and see if you have any insurance offered through your card. Sometimes its on the card and you don't even know it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread