Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

I know I went a little against the norm here, but I just sprung for the Lumix LX5 since I'm already bit familiar with the Leica DLUX4.

Can anyone point me to a good guide on shooting/processing RAW images? Should I even try shooting RAW since I've never had a camera that's capable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

caberham posted:

Off brand batteries are cheap so go nuts! But li-ion batteries do lose charge in not time during cold weather. When i went skiing, the batteries were losing the charge while going up on the ski lift but magically became full once inside the lodge :smith:

Anyone here have any experience or thoughts on the new leica red dot point and shoots? Apparently, the lens is the same as the panasonic but the sensor is different? Or is it just a load of bs to upsell a red dot?

The Panasonic Lumix LX5 is the same as a Leica D-Lux 5. While they have slightly different bodies and software, the LX5 and D-Lux 5 are essentially identical.

One thing to keep in mind is the Leica will hold a better resale, so if you plan on getting rid of it in a couple years, there's that.

• Locked thread