Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ben Davis
Apr 17, 2003

I'm as clumsy as I am beautiful
The Elph 500 and SX230 are both around $200 this week at my Target, and I'm not sure which one to go with. I'll be using it mainly for pictures of my new baby, so I feel a lot of urgency to get something that'll take awesome photos (a given with a Canon) relatively quickly. I've seen mixed reviews on Amazon, but I'm not sure if people complaining about photos being taken slowly are using a slower SD card or something like that? I do prefer having the physical buttons on the SX230, but if people overall have a better experience with the Elph, I'm sure I can get used to a touchscreen, or maybe even go for the cheaper 300.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Davis
Apr 17, 2003

I'm as clumsy as I am beautiful

ma i married a tuna posted:

Elph has a faster, wider lens. You're taking pictures inside, up close, so the Elph is a better camera for you. The advantages of the SX 230 - zoom and manual control - are irrelevant for you.

Aw, thanks for the response--I'd already ordered the SX230, but luckily I love it and the controls and haven't noticed any bad lag! I was upgrading from my SD790, and although I really miss its sturdy little frame, I think any of the choices would please me when it comes to the actual pictures. :)

• Locked thread