Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boner Honkfarts
May 19, 2003

I'm in the market for a P&S and this thread has been a great help! I was originally looking at an entry-level DSLR, but decided that I had to have something more compact for travelling, and shooting video was a plus.

I like the S95 and will probably get one, but I wanted to make sure there wasn't something comparable with a viewfinder or that uses regular batteries. The lack of viewfinder I can get over, but the thought of being somewhere with dead batteries and without power scares me. Any recommended alternatives? What about those recharge solutions that use regular batteries to charge the L-Ion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boner Honkfarts
May 19, 2003

I've heard that in colder climates, the third-party batteries definitely start to show a difference in performance. I've read everything from half the normal working time to completely worthless, no idea how accurate that information is.

I'll be on a mountaineering trip for several weeks next year, many miles from the nearest power outlet, and I want to make sure I'm not stuck up there without being able to take pictures. I guess I'll buy several OEM batteries and memory cards and hope for the best.

• Locked thread