Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

I have the A620 if you have any questions about that - I don't really have much to compare it to, but it has a decent set of features and the CHDK stuff is pretty cool. The downsides are that it's pretty bulky (which does help you hold it steady) and that low light performance is pretty bad - you find yourself cranking the ISO and still getting slow shutter speeds even in seemingly bright interiors. Like I said I don't have any other point and shoots to compare it to, but I'd imagine things have improved in the last four years since I got it.

If you do get one invest in some powerful rechargeable AA batteries, don't use alkalines like I did and wondered why the power ran out after 7 shots

EDIT: Oh yeah, the LCD on the A620 pops out and rotates, so you can pretty much put the camera wherever and angle the screen at your head, which is fantastic for taking shots with the camera above your head or near the ground. It's incredibly useful and I don't even think twice about taking shots that would be a pain with another camera

baka kaba fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Aug 14, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread