Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RoflcopterPilot
Mar 17, 2004
What did the five fingers say to the face? SLAP!
I really want an s90 because carrying around my xti is such a pain in the rear end. However, I've been really looking at getting a ricoh gr digital so now I'm kind of torn between the two. I don't know what it is, but I have this strange fascination with the ricoh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoflcopterPilot
Mar 17, 2004

HPL posted:

Check out the Samsung EX1. It has the best lens among point and shoots to date. It's not a superzoom, but it should be serviceable with a rough equivalent of a 17-50 on your XTi. It's funny to say it, but it's actually a faster lens than anything zoom you can get for a regular DSLR because like I said, it's roughly equivalent to 17-50 on an APS-C sensor, but it's f/1.8-2.4 which would be fast prime territory on APS-C or full frame.

Interesting. I will definitely be looking into this now. Thanks a lot for the info!

RoflcopterPilot
Mar 17, 2004
Are we allowed to talk about film p&s cameras or digital only? I've been trying to find a wide angle film p&s and all I've really come up with is the superheadz slim/ultra wide cameras but they're at 22mm and I was hoping for something wider but not a fisheye either. I was also hoping to avoid the "toy" cameras but I'm thinking that's the only way I could get such a wide angle in a p&s.

vvvv ah thanks, I misread the title of that thread when I posted this here.

RoflcopterPilot fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 15, 2011

• Locked thread