Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Superzooms satisfy the uninformed market demographic whose mostly only consider max focal length and megapixel count.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

LX5 is coming out soon, and it appears to address many concerns with the LX3.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

spog posted:

Does it have a built-in lens cap?

Doesn't look like it. There's a scroll wheel and other niceties though.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Did they fix the free-spinning wheel on the S90?

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

IcedPee posted:

I got drunk last night and ordered the S95. I hope it isn't too much camera for a complete beginner :ohdear:

Not a great way to go about equipment purchases if you wish to stay out of poverty, but it should be a good camera to learn with.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

krushgroove posted:

So I dropped my brand new S95 in a stream - completely submerged for about 2-3 seconds. My jacket had a massive hole in one of the pockets I didn't spot until after the camera fell.

It turned on OK a couple of minutes later but a few minutes after that I got a very dark screen (the barest ghost of an image), I'm guessing some water got to the internals through the front ring because the battery compartment and AV plug area just had some small drops. I took out the battery and card and let it air dry for about 30 minutes, and when I tried again I got the screen to set the time and date, but the screen froze after about 20 seconds. I'm letting it dry overnight to see what happens. How screwed am I, do you think?

It's too late now, but you should have let it air dry for a couple days. You're probably quite screwed.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

I want to upgrade my G9 to an S95 as not being able to push past ISO 200 sucks, but I can't bring myself to after the Fujifilm X100 was announced :shobon:

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

HPL posted:

Trust me, you ain't getting an X100 for the price of an S95.

Yeah I'm well aware that the slated price of the X100 is $1k; it's just that I can't see myself needing both of them.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

I always though that "Photographer's Guide to Camera X" were just glorified manuals.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

Caberham, buy this camera to go with those mittens:

http://www.amazon.com/2-0-Mp-Digital-Camera-VQ-2005/dp/B002DW98GA

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

john ashpool posted:

The Canon S95 just dropped to 230$ on Amazon.

Such an amazing deal; I just ordered one. Apparently the deal is just for one day too.

Rated PG-34 fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Dec 19, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

BetterLekNextTime posted:

I just bought one too. I bought a G12 at the end of the summer and had been semi-regretting not having the smaller s95 (although i love the G12). Now I can give the s95 to my girlfriend for Christmas and borrow it whenever I want. Win-win!

edit- Apparently the goon-rush over-sold the camera, and now it's back-ordered and not available by Christmas. Anyone else have this problem? And now I have to come up with a real present...

Mine arrived the other day. The camera is awesome. Now I just have to find a nice case with a bit of water resistance.

• Locked thread