Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Without reading any reviews on the new S95 I'm going to bet that it's not going to be much different than the S90. It seems typical of Canon to offer minor updates to their P&S lines just to make sure they push a camera out every year. I don't plan to upgrade my S90 for another year or two unless there is some kind of dramatic improvement. Even then I'll probably hang on to it until it shits out on me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Not really a review but here is a breakdown of the S95

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1008/10081918canonpowershots95.asp#images

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

krushgroove posted:

Does anyone know when the next batch of S95's will be getting to Amazon.com? I would imagine it's a monthly thing, but don't really know how the camera companies operate their manufacturing schedules.

It's in stock on B&H. Looks to be about $10 shipping though.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Fists Up posted:

Is there a consensus for the best waterproof/tough camera?

After something that I can take skiing, in the water, on a mountain bike without worrying too much about busting it if I drop it. So needs to be able to operate in cold temps without the battery completely dieing, underwater (do any of them float?) and be scratchproof possibly.

Would like HD video.

Honestly don't care about image quality as much. Particularly lowlight.

The stuff is for facebook/youtube anyway.

I've heard good things about the Canon PowerShot D10, thought it doesn't look like the video is anything special.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

manpants posted:

I am about to (possibly) buy a Canon G10. Does anyone have any experience with this camera? I'm looking to find any weaknesses before I hand over my cash.

There are a couple of scratches on the lens which I'm hoping wont make too much of a difference (no visible difference so far as I can see, but you never know). But for the price I can't really complain too much.

Also when I first got the camera a bunch of the screws on the case were missing, I've replaced them but it's fairly worrying. This is my first decent compact!

Don't waste the money on it. Sounds like it's in pretty bad shape. Also, aside from that the G10 wasn't a very good camera. It was a step down from the G9. G11 and 12 are ok though.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

qirex posted:

Has anyone ever had a bad experience with an off-brand battery? Because the idea of having a camera that's not just out of juice but actually busted while I'm on a trip freaks me out.

I've been using cheap ebay batteries for several years on my Rebel Xti, G9, and at present my 50D and S90. I kinda notice a slight difference in charge in my 50D but I cannot/could not tell any difference between OEM and off brand in the other cameras I've used. I wouldn't worry about it.

Boner Honkfarts posted:

I've heard that in colder climates, the third-party batteries definitely start to show a difference in performance. I've read everything from half the normal working time to completely worthless, no idea how accurate that information is.

I'll be on a mountaineering trip for several weeks next year, many miles from the nearest power outlet, and I want to make sure I'm not stuck up there without being able to take pictures. I guess I'll buy several OEM batteries and memory cards and hope for the best.

I don't have any cold weather experience where I live but I've heard that cold weather is a problem for all batteries and I'm sure at a certain temperature, no battery will be immune. I remember reading about a Nat Geo photographer shooting deep within Antarctica a few years ago. It was so cold that he couldn't use any batteries so he chose to shoot with a completely manual film camera and metered with his eyes.

What ever batteries you buy, think of a way to constantly keep your batteries warm, possibly by keeping them real close to your body. A trick I heard is to keep them under your armpit but I'm sure that won't be too comfortable on a long hike.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Korwen posted:

I've been wanting to get a point and shoot camera because I'm going to be wanting a small camera to take with me while motorcycling/camping, and while I loved owning a DSLR and want to own one again, I want a point and shoot for the times I don't feel like carrying around camera gear.

I've been looking at the Canon G12, but after reading this thread I saw people saying the S95 has most all of the same (excepting a hotshoe flash) in a smaller package.

Fully manual controls, 720p video and that HDR shooting mode, all of those things? what about a tripod mount?

I don't mind spending the extra money for a G12 if it does have more neat features, but I am curious about what some of you said about it being just as inconvenient as a DSLR. I guess I'll go to a store today and try to get my hands on one, see how it feels.

edit: It appears it does have 720video, HDR shooting mode (although yes I know you can do this yourself) and fully manual controls. What about a little tripod mount hole thingy on the bottom?

With the G12 you get:
A camera that'll fit in a jacket pocket but not really a jeans pocket.
Has a hotshoe
Has a view finder
Its widest aperture is 2.8
The lens is 35mm longer than the S95

With a S95
You get a camera that can fit into a jeans pocket.
Has a wider aperture of 2.0

Only old people like the view finder, I find it pointless with a LCD. As for the hotshoe that's useless too because you're not going to be hauling around speedlite that's twice the size of the camera. As for the lens you're trading an extra 35mm of zoom for faster glass on the S95, that's a good deal to me. You can always walk a few steps forward but you can't make your lens faster. Now consider the smaller size and cheaper price, and the S95 is a clear winner.

As for the tripod mount my S90 has one and I don't see why the 95 wouldn't.

Haggins fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Nov 17, 2010

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Since there seems to be a lot of people who've hopped on the S90/95 bandwagon, I'm going to throw out my recommendation for Canon's official case.

Back when i got my S90 I wanted a case that protected my camera, didn't make it much more bulkier, and allowed me to clip it to a belt when needed. The Canon case is all three of those along with being very well made. The leather used is of high quality and the case fits like a glove. The case stays closed with two strong magnets, one that clips so it doesn't slide open. I've been using mine for the better part of a year now and have no complaints.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Sad Panda posted:

It's 560,000 won (about $500) here in Korea although that includes a spare unofficial battery, 8GB card and a case. I'll probably still buy it but it's a little expensive.

Are they jacking up the price because of the accessories? Can you buy it with out that stuff? Sounds like they're adding $10 worth of junk to not make you feel bad for paying more. I don't know what is considered a good deal over there but that's a tactic shady dealers use over here to rip people off.

______

In other news, I saw a tweet by B&H yesterday advertising this 32gb sdhc card for around $50

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=NavBar&A=getItemDetail&Q=&sku=712659&is=REG&si=rev#anchorToReadReviews

It's OOS now but a pretty good deal if you ask me. I have a 16gb in my S90 and I never even get close to filling it up.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

krushgroove posted:

I don't shoot in RAW and don't have Photoshop at home (barring :files:) - I didn't even know your computer needed the 'right' software to even read RAW from particular cameras...does GIMP or Paint.Net have RAW support, or should I just load the Canon software and convert it?

I'd highly recommend using a piece of software to manage/edit your photos. If you're on the mac just use iPhoto and if you're on a PC I heard Picasa is good. Both are free and will read raws (though they may not be able to read S95 files just yet, they will very soon). If you want something more professional Lightroom is great and if you're on a mac you have the additional choice of using Aperture. These programs cost money but they're the best things out there for editing and managing your photos.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

gregarious Ted posted:

A friend has the Olympus Tough, I think its the MJU Tough 8010. It seems to take good quality basic photos (ie poo poo for facebook), is waterproof, and damage proof. I haven't really played with the settings (or really know much about them) but as someone who is clumsy with expensive things I like the idea of a tough camera.

Basically should I just buy one of those (or another model) or is there a better shock/waterproof option out there? The last camera camera I had got broken (not by me) and I'd like something that takes ok shots but can stand up to some general wear and tear.

I always tell people to go with the Canon D10 if their budget for a camera is $250 or more. It's a solid Canon P&S that works underwater.

Personally I use a S90 with a Canon underwater housing which works great, but costs a lot more money.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Sad Panda posted:

I think you're probably right. I'll pick up some extra batteries and run them in a cycle so I know which ones to charge. If I stop somewhere for 30+ minutes I'll set them charging.

I decided to do a bit of a test to see how good my unofficial battery was. Not very scientific but it's making me think that when I buy more batteries they'll be Canon ones.. or at least a different fake one.

In my first test I charged both my batteries and then using chdk to show battery life tested how long it took to go from 90% to 60%. I turned power savings so it didn't turn off for 3 minutes and pressed the AF button every 2 minutes to keep it awake. I didn't actually take any photos. The unofficial battery lasted 40:20, the official one lasted 1:06:25.

In my second test I recharged the battery. Changed chdk to show me the voltage and then set a script to take a picture every 2 seconds. I started at 3.9v and left it running until the battery ran out. The unofficial one took 558 pictures, the official one 1016.

Look at it this way... These batteries are about the size of a book of matches; they don't weigh anything and don't take up much room. The Canons cost $20 a piece where as you can find generics for $5 bucks a pop. Even if they're half as good as OEM, they're only a quarter of the price. Batteries are expendables and IMO, it's not worth the money to invest in top of the line.

caberham posted:

Maybe I'm photo cursed or something. I lost my s90 and I could not film Angkor Wat and when I buy a s95 and go to SE Asia again with a shiny new 1 month old s95 this happens:suicide: My S95 just broke down with the lens retract error just before I was in Angkor Wat so I could not do any video or snapshots as well. I think I crashed it by trying to do a HDR and switching from HDR mode and video mode back and forth because of slippery fingers. Even after taking out the battery for a while, the camera still crashes and the lens will never retract.

And I found hair line cracks on one of my 77mm filters :smith: Still like the camera but wish I would know where is/ of if the cmos reset button exists.

Send it in for warranty repair. Warranty should be at least 90 days if not a year.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Prathm posted:

How big a pain in the rear end is that loose ISO-ring on the s90?

I ordered a s95 yesterday but changed my mind because Im not sure I'll ever use it for video. One reason to get the s95 though would be that the coating has better grip (because I have big,sweaty troll-hands).
Now I dont know what to do, get an s90 and save the money or reorder the s95?

Can you bottomline it for me?

Maybe I don't keep up on internet complaints enough, but I've had an S90 since last spring and I haven't had any problem with a loose ISO ring or really anything else. It's still an awesome camera.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

spog posted:

Stick a circular piece of tinfoil on the front of a body cap and walk through security without a lens on it, pretending you have a pancake lens.

Hide a 70-210 in your underwear: down the front if you want to attract the ladies, down the back if you want a clear space left around you.

Or just try to get a photo pass :v:

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

scorntic posted:

Are there any decent nikon point and shoots out there? I have a dslr, but I really want a point in shoot for times that I dont carry my camera case around...something I can just stash in my purse or something.

I was looking at the nikon coolpix S3100. since I have an expensive camera I'm not really looking into anything for over $200 bucks really.

I've read very conflicting reviews about this camera, so what are your inputs?

Why does it have to be a Nikon?

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

WAFFLEHOUND posted:

This thread just cost me a lot of money because I read the thread title and bought an S95. :(

Don't forget your water proof housing for $180. It's awesome and a lot of fun when you're around and in water.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

I got one for my S90 and it's awesome. Haven't had a problem with leaks or anything. The only issue I have with it is that it only works for the S90 and I'm not sure if it'll work with a 95. However, that's just the nature of the beast because it has to fit exactly so you can control everything.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

BetterLekNextTime posted:

Anyone have a Nikon P7000? I saw one at a store last night and I really like how the controls look. Reviews seem pretty down on it though, at least compared to the equivalent Canons.

Also, the s90/95 seems to getting a lot more shout-outs than the G12- is that mainly because the s95 is a little cheaper and smaller, or are there other advantages over the g12?

As far as specs go, IIRC, it's a trade off. You get a little more reach on the G12 and the aperture on the S90/95 opens up a little bit wider. The other advantage is that the G series have hot shoes on them, however, I doubt you'll ever use a speedlite with a point and shoot. Looking at specs alone, I'd personally still go with an S series because I find a wider aperture is more useful than a bit of extra reach. As for size, this is actually one of the most important features for us DSLR owners. Most of us want point and shoots so that we can carry a camera on us when we can't/don't want to lug a DSLR around. The G series are jacket pocket cameras, where S series can fit in a jeans pocket.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

The real secret is there no single focal length/lens that works perfect for every situation. As we've just seen you can take great landscapes with a wide or telephoto lens. You can also make great portraits with a wide angle lens if you know how to use it right (think environmental). Best thing is not limit yourself to one approach and experiment.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Tagra posted:

I've got a new question. I'm looking for a spare battery for my s95, something that will likely just sit around but be available to charge up and shove in my bag for "emergencies" on longer trips. Off brand batteries are ridiculously cheap on Amazon, like 50 cents.

Is a 50 cent knockoff battery going to be just fine, or should I worry that it will explode while I'm charging it some day :ohdear: Since it's only going to be occasionally used it's a little better, but still a little :ohdear: inducing. Especially if it explodes inside the camera...

The Maximal Power brand was recommended by a lot of people, but it's out of stock :argh:

I didn't buy the 50¢ batteries but I did buy something that was two for under $10 off Amazon for my S90. I don't remember the brand but what ever I bought has been working great. If there is a difference in battery life, it isn't immediately obvious. Even if it were much less than OEM, they're so small and cheap it's easy to carry around a few of them.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Takes No Damage posted:

Damnit guys, I think my s90 has a dead pixel on the sensor :cry:

Somebody earlier in the thread said Canon had pretty kickass customer service, fingers crossed...

When was it bought new? There is a 1 year warranty on it, but I managed to get mine fixed one month out of warranty. But yeah the service was great. I shipped my camera out USPS priority on a Saturday and I got it back and repaired on Friday.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

What you don't know can't hurt you. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Kalix posted:

What is the take on the Canon ELPH 500 HS?
I'm not an experienced photographer by any standard and want to get a decent camera for general use. I've played around with exposure settings and stuff but am no expert.

Not sure if I really need RAW, or the full manual controls that the Canon s95 has to offer. Moreover, it is 100 dollars more expensive.

I have always thought I would one day like to learn to shoot manually, but i don't see myself sitting down and spending the time processing RAW images on my computer.

So am I looking in the right direction with the 500 HS?
Or is it better to go with the s95?

The S95 is going to be better even if you don't shoot RAW. I think it has a bigger sensor with less MPs crammed on it (which is a good thing) and it has physical buttons for most of the control. However, I don't think you're making a bad choice if you really don't want to spend $400. Judging from the specs, it looks pretty good and the common advice around here is "just buy the most expensive Canon you can afford".

Either way, if you do find out you really like photography, you won't kick yourself or buying the cheaper camera. You'll probably start considering a DSLR at that point.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Zegnar posted:

Could anyone recommend a P&S camera available new for less than £100 for a friend who has no experience with photography, going on a once in a lifetime trip?

Thinking Canon A3200 so far..

Aside from the high end stuff, point and shoots change models almost monthly and it's hard to keep up with. Standard advice is to buy the best Canon P&S you can afford as they don't really make any lovely cameras.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Lowness 72 posted:

I'm actually looking for recommendations as well. The s95 looks awesome but 400 is just alot of money, especially since I'm not that experienced so maybe I don't need all the features? That said, are there better options in the sub 300 range? Or should I just tough it out and get the s95?

One note: I definitely want the camera to fit in my pants pocket if possible. We will be using this camera for a trip to Europe.

You could try to find a used s90.The 95 isn't very different from the 90. I think the biggest thing is it has a bit better video.

What you're paying for with the S series is the use of RAW (which is useful in post processing), fast 2.0 glass for low light, and good performance up to ISO 800. These are the reasons why most us serious photography goons like the S90/95; it's one of the best point and shoots for low light. Not to mention the size is perfect. Any point and shoot will work well in good light, only the good ones will work well in low light.

Haggins fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jul 29, 2011

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Lowness 72 posted:

So then is there a step below those, like the elph series or something, that still shoots well in low light?

Aside from the G and S series and maybe the D10 underwater, the point and shoot models change so frequently it's hard to keep track of them. Generally with Canon P&S the more you spend, the better the camera is and the standard piece of advice around here is to just buy the most expensive Canon you can. The main exception to this rule is stay away from bridge cameras which are bulky and lovely.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

What's wrong with Canon anyway?

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Krakkles posted:

Disclaimer: I'm aware this is petty and likely just due to the employee I spoke to, not necessarily the company.

Back in February, I bought a refurb XSi from Canon. Within two days of receipt, the flash release stopped working. I phoned Canon up and let them know. They refused to replace it with a different camera, stating that they would repair it, but would not replace it. Since this would make the second time they tried to fix the camera, I did not feel comfortable with this. Canon refused to budge, and that's why I now own about $2500 of Nikon gear.

Basically, I think that was a bad customer service move, especially given I was buying my first DSLR.

Edit: I'm not so principled that I would buy an inferior camera because of the experience. Now I'm just wondering if the faster shooting of the Nikon mightn't be worth the loss of RAW. The Olympus XZ1 looks like a great option, but the price sucks.

I'd probably be pissed too so I can't blame you. However, I will say that a few of us goons, including myself, have had great service in regards to our S90/95s. A couple months ago the LCD went out on my S90. It was one month out of warranty, but I figured I'd give it a shot and send it in to Canon. I mailed it USPS priority on a Saturday and had it fixed and back on my doorstep the following Friday. No questions asked and the only thing I paid for was the $4 to ship it to Canon.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Ropes4u posted:

Is a refurbished s95 a safe bet, or am I better off spending the extra fifty on a new one. I am headed to Italy for two weeks and would rather save as much as possible, but I also do not want a dog..

If it's refurbished from Canon, it should be fine. Many a goon has had good experiences with refurbs from Canon.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Ropes4u posted:

s95 arrived, memory cards and spare battery should be here tomorrow. Anyone have a suggestion for a good case and screen protector? My wife and I are headed to Italy for a few weeks and I would like to carry it in my pocket if possible..

I like the other official one a lot.The leather is very high high quality, it doesn't add much bulk to the camera, has a belt loop, and the flap tends to stay closed when you want it to.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Lowness 72 posted:

So here's my conundrum. I need a camera for a trip taking place mid October. I want to get the s95 or it's successor. However if it's successor isn't released until September, when would it actually be available in stores?

However even if it wasn't available for purchase by the timeframe I need, would it drive the price of the s95 down even lower (and thus I should still wait for the release?)

Canon has been pretty unreliable with getting announced products to market when they say they are going to. It was like this before the earthquake and I'm sure it's worse now. For example the new 8-15 lens was supposed to come out around January this year. It's just now hitting stores. I'm sure things are more efficient on the Point and Shoot side of things, but don't expect it to be like an Apple product where it's in stores when they say it's going to be in stores.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Lowness 72 posted:

I have 0 photographic experience (well I did take a class in HS but I don't remember a thing). However, I would certainly like to learn.

We've decided to pull the trigger this week in time for a wedding this weekend. However, the wife is still not happy with a $365 price point for the S95.

Will I regret purchasing a nicer ELPH model instead? As much as I'd love to get the S95 - will I really notice the difference as a newbie?

I think you will. My girlfriend abandoned her old camera and now uses my S90 exclusively. She only shoots snapshots on auto but raves about how good the camera is. It's got a larger sensor, better low light performance, and I'm assuming better metering. One example she mentions is shooting people in front of the castle at Magic Kingdom at night. Most cameras she's used will under expose the lit up castle and only properly expose the people she's shooting. This would make a photo that showed the subjects with a dim background. The S90 is smart enough (or good enough in low light) to expose the background castle properly and pop off enough flash to properly expose the people in the photo. So if she notices a big difference, I'm sure you will.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Lowness 72 posted:

Well lets say we just can't come to an agreement and the S95 isn't happening. We are planning on heading down to B and H today to check out cameras.

If our absolute limit is $300, and would like to stay closer to $200, what's the recommendation? One of the Elph models? Maybe something besides a Canon?

Edit: The Nikon S8100 looks pretty good and is a little better pricewise. Any opinion on it?

It's hard to say as the selection of point and shoot changes almost every month (aside from the high end like the Canon S and G series). The only thing that remains constant is that when you buy a Canon P&S you generally get what you pay for. The general consensus of this thread is that you should just buy the most expensive Canon you can get. I agree with this advice.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

BeastOfExmoor posted:

It's probably going to cost way more than the S95, but Fuji just announced a P&S that looks absolutely amazing on paper.

The X100 seemed like a cool idea but I've been hearing a lot of very bad things about it. I don't know if I trust Fuji. When you look past the hype it seems like laggy, $1200 point and shoot with a busted focusing system and poor battery life. Cost more than a DSLR set up, does less, and doesn't work as well as a $100 point and shoot.

Right now this thing looks like a less pocket-able G12. I'm not falling for any magic Fuji hype.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

poopinmymouth posted:

And how does it cost more than a dslr setup? Name me a single DSLR where you can get a 35mm equivalent F2 lens for 1,200 dollars that autofocuses? I'm guessing by "does less" you mean you can't change lenses? That's kind of the point, and how they get it so small.

I don't know what the low end Nikons are but you could find a body for $400-$900 and pick up a 35 1.8 for $200. Same goes for Sony. Or you could get Rebel XS for under $400 and a Sigma 30 1.4 for $500. You'd save a ton of money, have a camera that can do a lot more, and have a AF system that works.

Also comparing a X100 to a S90 isn't very fair. The X100 isn't pocket camera and costs 4x more.

Haggins fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Sep 2, 2011

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Ahh, I was thinking crop factor with the Fuji too.

Now don't get me wrong, as much as I'm not very impressed with the X100 or the X10, I still like where Fuji is going. If they could make an real range finder with solid performance for under $2000, I'd be very interested.

Edit: I wasn't suggesting used, Rebel XS are under $400 new . Direct from Amazon and B&H only sell kits for around $440.

Haggins fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Sep 2, 2011

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

A G12 is great for old people. It's got an optical viewfinder and it feels like a real camera when you shoot with it. Granted, it's not as grip-tastic as a bridge camera, but surely even the elderly can see the advantage of carrying around a jacket pocketable camera.

I gave my G9 to my mom before I got my S90. She's really big on the optical view finder thing and loves the hell out of it. Now that I've been using a S90 for over a year, I kinda miss the G series. Shooting a camera when it's not held to my face still feels very odd to me and I always feel like I'm going to drop it. I still love my s90, I just think I might get a G series next time.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

Pockyless posted:

S100 announced and previewed at dpreview

http://dpreview.com/previews/canons100/

Built in GPS is very cool. Finally Canon is starting to support tagging.

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

ExecuDork posted:

This is an excellent suggestion. Going through 1800 photos and individually cropping or clone-stamping would be mind-destroying.

Where's a good place to buy aftermarket batteries from? Newegg doesn't have anything for my Pentax Optio WG-1, and Amazon doesn't carry anything at all. Pentax brand-name batteries are like $60, what brand names should I be searching for that won't be horrible prices?

We used to buy them off ebay until Amazon picked up on it and starting selling them. If you can get them for less than $5 a pop, then don't worry about quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haggins
Jul 1, 2004

How are you liking the X10 anyway? Since I broke my s90 I've been thinking about what I want out of a point and shoot. The canon S series is awesome but I missed how great my old g9 felt in my hands and liked that I could shoot with the camera up to my face thanks to the view finder.

I was considering the Canon g1x but I decided I don't like the fly by wire zoom; it's always jankey. I think I'm attracted to the X10 because seems like a camera that can used like/shoot like a slr or rangefinder instead of a slower point and shoot. I'm not really interested in systems with interchangeable lenses; at that point I may as well just lug around my slr. I just want an all in one system that I can jam in a big pocket.

• Locked thread