Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Going on vacation next month and I'm looking for a P&S that will do a bit more than my iPhone camera. I have an old Sony that still works great, but it's so old that it needs a dock to connect to a computer, which is too much poo poo to haul across the ocean. Since the OP was last updated in 2011, anyone have recommends? Looking to keep it at a couple hundred bucks or less. I can afford and would love a DSLR, but don't want to wrangle lenses and all that a DSLR entails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde

DJExile posted:

$200 should get you a used/refurb S110 pretty easily.
Thanks. Found a few on Amazon and related items brought this up: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00RKNNGU...1500475017&sr=1

New, built in wifi transfer and a higher zoom. Assuming since it's Canon it probably won't be poo poo? I like the idea of a newer camera with a warranty but if the S110 is still miles ahead I can get that.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Slippery Tilde
Thanks for the info guys. I do use my phone for just quick/silly shots, but I like having something better if I'm feeling particularly artsy.

• Locked thread