Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
If I had the chance to buy a barely used Sigma DP1 for the same price as a new s95, would it be a better choice?

The DP1 has an aps-c sensor but a 24mm/2.8 prime lens (well, I actually prefer this lens) and is a bit thicker than the s95. Does the sensor make enough of a difference to make it a better choice? I will be using this portable camera mostly at night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

hairysammoth posted:

Their consensus seems to be:

Maddening to use with a very beautiful sensor, basically - they've got some nice sample images to bear that out. It'd be a very different prospect from the S95. I'd suggest that if you're not 100% sure you want a Sigma, you're probably better off with the Canon.

Well, I've read about something around 7 seconds per shot, and I think I can handle that. But the problem here is the lens, the DP1 has a f/4 lens, I think that's way too dark for me. I would have to go with a DP2, and the price goes way up from there. The S90/S95 it is then, I'll only wait for some black fridays discounts.

• Locked thread