Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eldoran
Dec 26, 2005

This dosen't make any sense
I was just going to ask this question but with a qualifier.

What's the general concencus on waterproof P&S cameras?

I'm looking at either the Canon D10 or the Panasonic Lumix DMC-FT2, the canon seems alot bulkier and it dosen't seem to be supported by CHDK so that's an minus aswell.

I have no experience with panasonic cameras so I'm kind of hoping someone here has.

Are there any other models worth considering?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eldoran
Dec 26, 2005

guidoanselmi posted:

This has seemed pretty sexy to me:
http://www.amazon.com/Pentax-WS80-Waterproof-Black-Orange/dp/B002KE48CK

Why the WS model?

The W80 seems to be more on par with the models I've posted, and is now one of the cameras I'm trying to decide between.

I need to go take a look at what the canon really feels like and looks like in my hand, but I'm pretty sure that I won't be investing in that one.

So either the lumix or pentax, any and alla comments are welcome.

Eldoran
Dec 26, 2005

Ended up buying the D10, the battery is loading and I'll have some test shots for you from the pool by this time tomorow.

I completley forgot a friend of my wife reviews cameras for a living, so I ended up calling her in the shop and she convinced me the D10 was the way to go. Thanks for the help anyhows.

Eldoran
Dec 26, 2005

Sampleshots with D10 as promised, theese have no artistic merit whatsoever:

Fullsize abovewater

Fullsize underwater

To be honest, it's good enough for what I'm intending to use it for so I'm happy.

• Locked thread