Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

The old thread was closed on the 29th of May 2010.
I wanted to contribute a story to that thread, but have had to start a new one in BFC instead of GBS, as per Gravy Jones' instructions.

This happened today
My fiancée has been managing a chain retail store for about 5 years, been with the company for 7.

A week ago she had a customercocksucker come to her store to purchase an item. The item was not in stock and has not been stocked at this store for over 3 months. At this point the customer claimed they'd called ahead to confirm it was in stock and that they were very angry that they had traveled in excess of 5 miles to the store to find it out of stock. The suburb where this store is located sounds a lot like another suburb which is 40 miles away, like Riverwood or Ratherwood. Similar, but not the same.

No one took any calls regarding this item which is out of stock so the customer obviously called the wrong store and the customer is always right so someone at my fiancée's store is obviously lying to customers about stock levels. A call to the other store confirms that they had a phone inquiry about the product earlier and that they have it in stock.

The customer hits the roof and starts screaming and berating every employee before storming out. According to the customer, the store is lying about denying she called, is lying about their stock and blah blah blah.

The following day they receive a call from head office informing them that the customer has complained about this incident and that they need to do everything in their power to fix the issue.

So they call the customer and inform her that she can call the other store that is 40 miles away, pay for the item over the phone with her credit card and that store will then post the item to her home address. Considering that taking a credit card purchase over the phone and shipping an item to a customer's home address is against company policy, they went above and beyond to make it 'right'.

Today she gets a call from the other store 40 miles away. This customer has called and verbally abused them over the phone because she was not home when the post office tried to deliver, so the parcel is still at the post office. Somehow this is entirely the fault of the store according to the customer.

As soon as she gets off the phone with the other store, the post office calls her to tell her that this customer has just called them and abused them because she wasn't home when the package was delivered. The customer says there's no way for her to get to the post office to pick it up and went on another tirade of abuse at the postal workers.

So after my fiancée finished work today, she drove to the post office (5 miles away) in her own time to collect the parcel. Because it was not addressed to her and she did not have a release from the addressee, the post office technically broke the law by allowing her to collect it. She then walked 500 yards down the road and hand delivered it to the customer's house by punting it over the customer's fence with her foot.

:toot:

There is something wrong with this world if that type of irrational behavior is tolerated, though it warms my heart to think that if someone gets this worked up about a car cover then they're probably only a day away from a stress induced stroke that will have them making GBS threads their pants until they die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.
I work in a supermarket. Because they only ask me to work Saturdays for a few hours and the coworkers are awesome, I've kept up with working Saturday shifts even though I work Monday-Friday in tech support. However, it's a little demoralising when my first payslip from the tech support job arrives and they pay me more for two weeks than the supermarket does in two months. I don't really understand why the supermarket gives me so few shifts - wouldn't it be cheaper to get rid of me and hire some 15 year old to work the 4-5 hours on a Saturday I normally do?

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I got the worst yearly review of my life this week, and this is after helping with the supervisory duties over the holiday season to take things off his plate. They say what I got is "meets expectations," but on a scale of 1-100, it's failing.

That said, last year I got an amazing review and all I did during that time was yell at people to vote.

Zhentar
Sep 28, 2003

Brilliant Master Genius
Yesterday my GF had a customer angry that she wouldn't accept a return, even though she had the receipt. The 90 day return policy was, surprisingly, still clearly visible on the receipt and had not faded in the 2 years since it was printed.

From what I hear about, it's not the rare nutty customer that makes life difficult though; it's the ample supply of worthless coworkers.

Zhentar fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jul 2, 2010

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Hey, I've got a recent story now that we're on the subject of lovely coworkers. I work produce at Walmart, and since I've been scheduled to work late nights recently, I've had to close the backroom where we store all our stuff so the next guy who comes in doesn't have to worry if the cutting boards or sinks are sanitized. This basically involves cleaning and sanitizing the sinks/floors/tables, taking out all organic products to a dumpster specifically for organic products, and taking out the trash.

So while I'm taking organics to the back, which involves going through the warehouse in the back, a truck pulls in, and everyone who works the warehouse starts unloading it while I'm throwing produce in the dumpster. As I start leaving to go back up front and start cleaning the floors, one guy stops me and states that everyone has to help unload the truck. I tell him that I'm busy closing the produce backroom and that I'll get written up if I don't get it done. He just lets out a frustrated sigh and goes back to unloading the truck.

I didn't blame him for being frustrated. I probably would be too, but at the time the truck came in, I had about half the time I needed to finish what I was doing before I got off the clock, and I certainly didn't have time to do his job. However, I don't think I made the "I'm busy" point clear enough, because, as soon as this guy clocks out to go to lunch, he walks into the produce backroom while I'm cleaning the floors and starts trying to lecture me.

:mad: What does your nametag say?
:raise: Control Volume.
:mad: Underneath that.
:raise: Sales Associate.
:mad: That's what mine says too if I was wearing it. It means that when a truck comes in, everyone has to help out unloading it. I had to go to lunch an hour late because there were only two people unloading the truck.
(The truck was only there for around twenty minutes, and there were around 4-5 people in the warehouse at the time)
:raise: Well, I'm busy, and I'm already going overtime trying to clean these floors, so I don't have time to help with the warehouse.
:mad: So? You're part time, right? Management doesn't care if you go overtime, and I'm going to get written up because I didn't get my job done.
:raise: I'll get written up if I don't get mine done.
:mad: You know what, nevermind.

At which point he storms off and presumably goes to lunch. So, instead of getting people who are working in the warehouse to help, people who presumably are more knowledgeable at that particular job, he tries getting me, the guy who's only time in the warehouse is spent walking through it. Then he starts lecturing me while I'm trying to do my job to tell me about how I should be doing his. :golfclap:

Cheezymadman
Mar 29, 2010

by Fistgrrl

Control Volume posted:

"Walmart is staffed with idiots"

You think you've got it bad? I spent four months (Spanning the entire leadup to Christmas) pushing carts in the parking lot at the Walmart here. Black Friday rolls around, and guess who pulls the 5am to 3pm shift?

So I'm out there at 5am in an Ohio November, in the rain, pushing what carts I can pry from the jaws of the animal known as consumerism, back to the store so more inbred hicks can stand in line for an hour waiting to check out. To do this, I have to push them in through an overhead door and into the entrance areas on either end of the building. After about an hour of this, I start leaving said overhead door open, to save myself some time and effort.

I've got one side about halfway done, when I notice that the door is down. I've got 35 carts in a row, and Sir Isaac Newton says there's no chance in hell they're going to stop in time for me to open this door back up. I'm at the point where I've got the carts moving fast enough that they fly right into the entranceway and all the way up to where they belong. I'm doing this because I anticipate the door being open.

So I somehow get these carts stopped, open the door, get them inside, and go to have a talk with our greeter on this end, a 65 year old woman. Let's call her "Helen".

:geno: Helen, I left the overhead open because it's too crazy out here for me to be able to stop and open it every time I've got carts to put away. I'd appreciate it if you didn't close it.

:downs: Well, Cheezy, It's cold, and I'm sick.

:eng101: It's six in the morning at the end of November in Ohio. Of course it's cold.

:downs: Well I forgot my jacket at home.

:raise: And if you're sick, why aren't you at home?

:ohdear: I can't call off, it's the day after Thanksgiving! They need me here!

:suicide:

nac
Jun 1, 2008

Pillowpants posted:

I got the worst yearly review of my life this week, and this is after helping with the supervisory duties over the holiday season to take things off his plate. They say what I got is "meets expectations," but on a scale of 1-100, it's failing.

That said, last year I got an amazing review and all I did during that time was yell at people to vote.

I work at Sears and we had a wage freeze last year. Thankfully the top 50% on employee evaluations will get a raise this year. Number of people getting a raise in my store: 0.

Oh wait. 1. The LP lead got a raise that even he can't understand. The only thing we talk about is how much we hate our jobs. He's in a separate division than our store.

We have a really nice store. The only fun part about it now is bitching with everyone about our jobs, even the really hard working people.

Cancel that. We just added an intra-store facebook thing called pebble. Hearing everyone else nationwide subtly bitching about this shithole-of-a-company is glorious.

Nosaj
Apr 30, 2009
Haters Gonna Hate
Its nice to see this thread flourishing after its move from GBS!

For content, someone just walked into my store and asked me what kind of smokes I had for sale. I lifted the curtain that I have to conceal them and was greeted by an "AH HA!" from the person asking me.

Turns out shes with the government or some third party theyre paying to go around to businesses and make sure you dont reveal your tobacco selection rather you have to wait for the customer to ask you for a prodcut specifically.

This combined with the new legislation requiring all my cigarettes to be concealed and hidden, not to mention the new law banning blunt wraps and flavored cigarillos is just such a waste of time.

Cheezymadman
Mar 29, 2010

by Fistgrrl

Nosaj posted:

Its nice to see this thread flourishing after its move from GBS!

For content, someone just walked into my store and asked me what kind of smokes I had for sale. I lifted the curtain that I have to conceal them and was greeted by an "AH HA!" from the person asking me.

Turns out shes with the government or some third party theyre paying to go around to businesses and make sure you dont reveal your tobacco selection rather you have to wait for the customer to ask you for a prodcut specifically.

This combined with the new legislation requiring all my cigarettes to be concealed and hidden, not to mention the new law banning blunt wraps and flavored cigarillos is just such a waste of time.

Where do you live? I don't smoke, but that's the stupidest poo poo I've ever heard, and I want to avoid areas that are full of people dumber than rocks.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
So I did some shift manager duties at Lidl and I usually check what we have on stock before we begin. So one time we ran out of some powdered mashed potato-thingies, because the company was making new packages for it and it takes a couple of weeks before it's back in stock.

I was doing some stuff and I heard this going on:

Old lady: Do you have mashed potatoes?
Coworker: Not right now, they're changing the packaging so it'll take some time.
Old lady: GET ME THE SUPERVISOR!
Coworker: Hey Pingiivi, can you come over here?
Me: We're out of stock because they're changing the packaging so we'll have them in a week or two. There's the other mashed potato-thingy from another company if that's okay?

The lady grumbles and walks off. Then I hear this.

Coworker 2: No, they're changing the packaging and whatnot.
Old lady: GET ME THE SUPERVISOR!

Ad infinitum.

Really... Mashed potatoes aren't that hard to make yourself.

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pingiivi posted:

Really... Mashed potatoes aren't that hard to make yourself.

Spoken like someone who doesn't make mashed potatoes often (or uses a cop-out food processor).

Nosaj
Apr 30, 2009
Haters Gonna Hate

Cheezymadman posted:

Where do you live? I don't smoke, but that's the stupidest poo poo I've ever heard, and I want to avoid areas that are full of people dumber than rocks.

Its Canadian law as of recently.

Things could be worse I could live in the States.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

baquerd posted:

Spoken like someone who doesn't make mashed potatoes often (or uses a cop-out food processor).

I just made some last friday! :chef:

ElehemEare
May 20, 2001
I am an omnipotent penguin.

nac posted:

I work at Sears and we had a wage freeze last year. Thankfully the top 50% on employee evaluations will get a raise this year. Number of people getting a raise in my store: 0.
gently caress Sears. In the three years I worked for Sears I received a single 3% raise, even though our store was wildly successful, rocking that gold badge nonsense the entire time. This may have had something to do with my career total of two rapid credit approvals.

However, when I switched from Sales to the Receiving Dock six months before I quit, my pay went up 23% and I somehow did less work. God that was a poo poo loving place.

Luckily, I have achieved the dream of this thread.

content: Don't show up during the first blizzard of the year to buy a snowblower, then get mad when it takes five days to ship from Montreal. It just makes you look like an idiot. This means you, every customer I ever sold a snowblower to.

ElehemEare fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jul 7, 2010

A COMPUTER GUY
Aug 23, 2007

I can't spare this man - he fights.
Electronics:

Please do not tell me that you know what you are looking for if you don't. Please do not stand awkwardly in my store for a half hour staring at the cables fending off all attempts to help. Please do not purchase a random cable, return it a half hour later, and repeat the process.

No, we don't carry Verizon. Why? I don't know. I really don't know why. It's not like I'm hiding a secret stash of Verizon phones from you. I would love to take your money and sell you a Verizon phone.

Yes, the fact that the carriers almost always charge more for upgrade contracts than for new contracts sucks. I, however, am a lowly sales associate. I do not get to change handset prices for you because you ask me to. No, the manager can't help you either. Sorry. Switch carriers every two years if you want the best handset pricing.

Speaking of which, AT&T did not promise you a free iPhone. We will not price match the voice in your head telling you to lie to the sales monkey.

Customer: I want to buy an Xbox 360.
Me: I am sorry, sir, we're out of stock of that right now. If you'd like, I--
Customer: No, you're not! I see one right there! *points at empty display box*
Me: That's just a display. We don't have any Xboxes in stock at this--
Customer: I demand you sell me that one right there.

----

Customer: Can you help me swap my Sprint phones around?
Me: Sure, I just need your phone number and the PIN on your account.
Customer: PIN? I ain't never had no PIN.
Me: Alright, then, I'll just need the name of your first pet.
Customer: Ain't never had no pets neither.

----

My weirdest customer ever is a man who claims he was arrested and put in jail for 10 years for smuggling rare spiders into the country from Brazil. He smells like a bar, and calls himself "Spider-Man". He comes in every now and then to pay his Boost Mobile bill, and he has been drunker and drunker every time. He scares the female associates.

Cheezymadman
Mar 29, 2010

by Fistgrrl

Ulysses S. Grant posted:

Customer: I want to buy an Xbox 360.
Me: I am sorry, sir, we're out of stock of that right now. If you'd like, I--
Customer: No, you're not! I see one right there! *points at empty display box*
Me: That's just a display. We don't have any Xboxes in stock at this--
Customer: I demand you sell me that one right there.

1. Open box.
2. Show empty box to customer.
3. Offer it to him for full price.

sanchez
Feb 26, 2003

baquerd posted:

http://www.amazon.com/RSVP-International-Potato-Ricer-13-5/dp/B000OLA7KS/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1278525028&sr=8-3

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

http://www.amazon.com/Oxo-Good-Grips-Potato-Masher/dp/B00004OCJK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1278534624&sr=1-1

Nosaj
Apr 30, 2009
Haters Gonna Hate
Me - "That will be $x.xx please"

Them - *Slams down a few bills and a whole lot of loose change"

Me - "Um how much is here?"

Them - "I dunno, count it"

Quite possibly the most ignorant thing you can do. I'm not your loving mother and if you're not a child or a cripple I'm not going to be counting your loving money out for you.

scribe jones
Sep 17, 2008

One of the key problems in the analysis of this puzzling book is to be able to differentiate a real language from meaningless writing.

Nosaj posted:

Quite possibly the most ignorant thing you can do. I'm not your loving mother and if you're not a child or a cripple I'm not going to be counting your loving money out for you.

what a charming post

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!
On the subject of change, I just can't understand why people think it's a good idea to straigthen out your cupped hand/move your hand away JUST AFTER I've handed over the money. I'm not picking those up.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
I wish cashiers would put the change in my hand first and then the bills/receipt. It's much easier to hold change in the cup of my hand and then use my fingers to hold the paper. If you put the paper first, the coins easily fall off.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Nosaj posted:

Pretty sure that's your job, so start counting.

Honorbound
Jun 13, 2010

by Fistgrrl

Zo posted:

It is his job. But the customer was a dick about it. More general courtesy then a responsibility of a customer. Like you don't HAVE to tip the waiter 15-20% for good service, but you are a dick if you dont

Nosaj
Apr 30, 2009
Haters Gonna Hate

Zo posted:

No its not but thanks for trying.

You hand me the amount of money I tell you it costs, where I double check it .

You dont just throw every bit of money you have on you on the counter and check your text messages while I count out exact change for you.

But feel free to continue showing your ignorance lord knows the rest of the loving braindead populace dont mind showing their true colors.

Nosaj fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jul 8, 2010

Carbon Tiger
Nov 4, 2008

Nosaj posted:

You dont just throw every bit of money you have on you on the counter and check your text messages while I count out exact change for you.

But feel free to continue showing your ignorance!

Exactly. Expecting the customer to show basic social skills and an IQ above moss isn't asking them to do anyone job. You go somewhere to acquire a good you either swipe your card or hand them a handful of currency equal or greater to the cost of the item you are purchasing.

You don't throw your wallet on the counter and stand there like an illiterate stump. I mean it's a store you are there to buy something I think we all know how this goes. I mean hell I hand the cashier some bills and if I'm digging for change I ask them to hold on a second while I get the exact amount.

This isn't just common politeness it's how you function in a society I mean gently caress.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Nosaj posted:

But feel free to continue showing your ignorance lord knows the rest of the loving braindead populace dont mind showing their true colors.

You're a cash register boy and giving back change is part of your job.

asmallrabbit
Dec 15, 2005

Nosaj posted:

It's not very polite to do, but you are going to count it anyways, since even if they told you how much was there, you have to confirm it and then give them the correct change back. Rude yes, but it actually is your job.

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
I've worked retail for 7 years and I have literally never had anyone do that. It is very rude and very rare. People are generally very apologetic when they give you more than what is required for the transaction.

also - the thread is why I no longer desire to work in retail. Rude jackasses are a drat good reason to no longer want to work retail.

Death Bear
Apr 1, 2010
I can't say I've ever had anyone do that either. I get people paying me in a lot of change or a lot of one dollar bills, but at least they have the common courtesy to actually count it out before they hand it to me instead of just throwing it on the counter. Sometimes they even apologize for paying in small bills or change.

Anyway. I griped in the other thread about Silly Bandz, but it's just become even more irritating when middle-aged women with wrists covered in the things see the bin of them, SQUEAL loudly, and start rooting around for new packs. Seriously, why do sad middle-aged women always have to hop onto fads meant for children? I thought it was bad when the kids threw tantrums when we were out of them, but the teenagers and adults are just... :psyduck:

I don't mind when people ask me for book recommendations. It's my job. But when I ask you what kind of books you like, don't just gape at me and go "I dunno." Can you at least humor me and play along? People who don't just get shown to the bestsellers and are left to fend for themselves, especially when I have a line.

Similarly, I'm getting fed up with kids who have to do summer reading but don't want to cooperate with me when I try to help them pick something out. I recently had a little girl about age ten or so who had her list of recommended reading but didn't like anything on it. I took her back to the young adult section and asked her what she liked. She just kinda shrugged. I gave her the usual Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Warriors, Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Dear Dumb Diary, stuff like that. Her mom said she didn't like anything with wizards, fighting, vampires, and they read all of the diary series. Everything I recommended to this kid, she had either read, didn't like, or turned up her nose at. Suffice it to say, they did not buy anything. Look kids, I know you don't want to read on your summer vacation. Even though I like reading, I can understand that. But can you at least try to help me out a little bit? That's all I ask for.

ugggh I hate summertime at the beach.

Nosaj
Apr 30, 2009
Haters Gonna Hate
My lack of desire to count out these peoples money for them usually has a lot to do with the fact they are scumbags on welfare spending government cheques on booze cigarettes and lottery. These people have more money and free time then I do working full time so gently caress them if they think they can sit there and let me do all their shopping for them.

Altimeter
Sep 10, 2003

If you actually believe that you should just lose your job and jump on that sweet government dole. That statement goes beyond ignorance to utter stupidity. I've been a register monkey, I know what you're talking about. It is rude, it is classless. That said, spouting bullshit like that will make nobody more likely to think you are right, and everyone thing you're a dick.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Nosaj posted:

:qq:

Congrats you're literally worse than the people you hate.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Witnessed yesterday...

Woman: 'I really like this dress- I think it hides my fat!'

Husband: 'It doesn't. I will be in the man chair when you are done spending my money'

:aaaaa:

Also, gently caress 30 degree heat with no air con.

scribe jones
Sep 17, 2008

One of the key problems in the analysis of this puzzling book is to be able to differentiate a real language from meaningless writing.

Nosaj posted:

My lack of desire to count out these peoples money for them usually has a lot to do with the fact they are scumbags on welfare spending government cheques on booze cigarettes and lottery. These people have more money and free time then I do working full time so gently caress them if they think they can sit there and let me do all their shopping for them.

whyretailthreadsareabadidea.txt

Nosaj
Apr 30, 2009
Haters Gonna Hate

scribe jones posted:

whyretailthreadsareabadidea.txt

Because they provide a place for people to bitch about the dregs of society?

And for whiny cunts like yourself to contribute lovely no content posts in an oh so witty fashion?

Ya I guess you're right. Also lol at being called a register monkey, I'm actually the owner I just work 35-40 hours a week on the register (better then paying someone 10 bucks an hour and having to watch them so they dont gently caress up), but feel free continuing to dispense quality insults, none of which even come close to staying on topic.

Also seconding the no AC on hot days thing, the business has been around over a decade and we havent got AC since its not cost efficient when you look at how many days a year we need it. Ahaha..still lawling at Register monkey, its like "Grease monkey" in its originality, it takes a true genius to throw that at someone!

White knighting people who abuse the government for welfare and baby bonuses and then go work under the table landscaping or construction getting paid in hundred dollar bills weekly? Oh goons, perhaps if you arent blinded by the light that hits you when you eventually emerge from your parents basements you'll one day realize just what the real world is like, being ignorant and naive is not really acceptable in this day and age man! Educate yourselves!

Nosaj fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jul 12, 2010

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

Part-Time Robot posted:

Anyway. I griped in the other thread about Silly Bandz, but it's just become even more irritating when middle-aged women with wrists covered in the things see the bin of them, SQUEAL loudly, and start rooting around for new packs. Seriously, why do sad middle-aged women always have to hop onto fads meant for children? I thought it was bad when the kids threw tantrums when we were out of them, but the teenagers and adults are just... :psyduck:

I'm so glad my store doesn't have these. Well, we had some for about half a day, then the store decided not to get any more thankfully. I only hear bad things about Silly Bandz.

Honorbound
Jun 13, 2010

by Fistgrrl

Nosaj posted:

White knighting people who abuse the government for welfare and baby bonuses and then go work under the table landscaping or construction getting paid in hundred dollar bills weekly? Oh goons, perhaps if you arent blinded by the light that hits you when you eventually emerge from your parents basements you'll one day realize just what the real world is like, being ignorant and naive is not really acceptable in this day and age man! Educate yourselves!

Dud me and you should totallygo to LF they would love you there.

I used to work at an Ice cream parlor run by an awesome manager. I got every retailer's dream, being able to kick whiny abusive customers out on their rear end. The look on their faces when i told them to gtfo and come back when they were more mature was priceless. Ill cherish those memories forever.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Why is it so hard for customers to spend a minute to look alphabetically through Best Buy's cd/dvd sections?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Nosaj posted:

Thanks forums user, Nosaj for letting us know that everyone on any government assistance is a "welfare queen." They are all living large with cigarettes, booze, and lottery tickets with secret under-the-table side jobs to make money the government doesn't know about. I'll be sure to "educate myself" regarding this matter.