Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Boondock Saint posted:

I started working part time in a deli at Safeway today while I look for a full time job.

On the first loving day, I got bitched about because I had a secret shopper, and although I got everything else done correctly(greeting, suggestive selling, thanking them), I didn't "engage" or converse with the customer.

What does this entail? I have to loving start talking about whatever product they are buying or start a conversation, for example "Oh this ham is great, I like to eat it all the time." I'm sorry, but that kind of poo poo has always seemed canned and retarded to me, and I refused to loving force that on anyone unless its a naturally occurring conversation.

I'm seriously considering going in tomorrow and quitting on the spot, I really do not feel like sweating this kind of bullshit for minimum wage. gently caress this economy.

And I'm the kind of guy who just wants you to shut the gently caress up and slice my ham, so I actually get pretty pissed when people with whom I have no personal relationship pretend that we're friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Bobnumerotres posted:

Home Improvement

I worked at a home improvement store that was located in... a poorer part of town. I was in the "building materials" department, which meant lumber and plywood and drywall and that kind of stuff. I swear for every 1 time I sold shingles that weren't the cheapest poo poo we had, I sold the cheap poo poo 100 times. This is your loving roof. Those shingles have a 15 year warranty and are rated for 65 mph winds. You're gonna need a new roof.

We also sold insulation, so I loved explaining to people that you can't just shove 6" insulation in a 2x4 wall. It just doesn't work like that, trust me.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

less than three posted:

Here's a list of licensed concepts.

edit: What did you think the guy's manager went and stole a bunch of Starbucks stuff and did up his store?

I think he did think that.

That being said, the guy that runs that website is basically crazy, and has terrible web design. How in the hell does he make money to travel the continent (and the world) to buy overpriced coffee?