Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Franko
Apr 25, 2007
I'll share my story of the other week (I saw the ad)

I'm a shoe repairer/cobbler by trade in the Melbourne AU area but also do things like key cutting engraving ect (no I do not work for one of the large national corps who do this). Anyhow shoe repairs is a strange beast as any job you think might be only be 5 mins (which a lot are) can blow out to a half day affair due to the way shoes and boots are made/designed and materials used. Anyhow..

One evening about 5 mins before close (as in I get the gently caress out of the shop) a woman comes in asking if I can replace the bottoms on her stiletto heels, this is usually a 2 min job so I say sure, hoping like gently caress its only a 2 min job and I can get out and still make my train. So the lady drops her shoes off and I tell her that we close in 5 mins so if she wants the shoes tonight come back before then to which she says ok and goes off to do her shopping. Needless to say after removing her old heels it looks like this is going to be a longer job than first though and I probably wont be able to do it that night, I work like buggery to fix them anyway but its clear that I need more time and that I'm not going to finish the job tonight. When she comes back the following conversation takes place (Keep in mind most of the other local cobblers will ask for a couple of days for any repairs AT LEAST):

Franko: I'm sorry madam the job is going to take longer than I thought you can pick them up tomorrow morning at 8.30am if you like
Her: Excuse me?
F: Yeah its not as straight forward as first looks I wont be able to finish them tonight you can pick them first thing tomorrow
H: Cant you please fix them tonight?
F: Sorry its already past close I need to leave I cant stay back (going out for a dinner had to make the train)
H: But its usually a 2 min job do them tonight!
F: Most times these jobs are, but not these ones and I need to leave.
H: Just do them tonight! Why cant you do it now??
F: Because you brought them in 5 mins before close, you had 9 hours in which to bring them in and you waited until 5 min before close?
H: Just do it I cant wait tomorrow
F: I'm telling you I need to leave, now.
H: Just do it

Growing tired of this roundabout conversation I stop working on her shoes and just hand them back in the unfinished state

F: I'm not finishing them tonight perhaps you can find someone else who will (knowing everyone else is closed and wouldn't be able to even if they were open).
H: gently caress you Motherfucker
F: gently caress me? gently caress you and get the gently caress out of my shop.

She leaves in a great big huff and I've lost a customer apparently, seriously why do people think I care when someone is never coming back to a shop after they behave like a crazy bitch. I also missed my train.

This is the most recent of stories involving customers behaving badly, 90% of them involve women and shoes because women are crazy when it comes to their shoes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU