Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MalConstant
Mar 16, 2008
I work for the festering shitpile that is Sam's Club. I hate that place with every inch of myself and I've only been there five months. On the upside I'm only 21 (in college, which I also dislike) and this clearly won't be my job for too much longer..I hope. What the hell am I doing with myself?

The people. The loving people. I've worked in 3 different retail settings before and this is by far the worst retail/wholesale/whateverthehell place I've been in. It's Southern Florida. Now, Florida can be just downright awful on it's own, but Southern Florida is it's own brand of awfulness. I think I'm becoming a racist prick just by working here. Now I've met some cool Hispanics and Haitians, but Jesus are there some real worthless dickheads.

The other day

:cool: Alright Ma'am, that'll be $$$$ would you like to put this on your Sam's Card today?
:hitler: (Nods her head as she yaps away on her drat cellphone)
:cool: Okay, I just need your signature right there for me
:hitler: (Signs the tablet and is still on the phone)
:cool: Have a nice day!
:hitler: (hangs up the phone, rummages through her purse and pulls out cash)
:cool: I charged your card already
:hitler: I WANTED TO PAY CASH WHY DID YOU CHARGE MY CARD I DIDN'T SAY TO.
:cool: You nodded your head yes and you were on your phone

She left so I wasn't paying attention and I said something under my breath. She heard me when she came back to get her receipt since she stormed off

:byodame: WHAT DID YOU SAY TO ME?!?!?
:ssj: I said maybe you should stop being so rude and get off your phone so I can communicate with you lady.
:byodame: WHERE'S YOUR MANAGER????

My supervisor overheard it and I got yelled it, but I made my point and she couldn't really say poo poo to me other than "we can't be doing that".

I get these fucks everyday. Today I got some Haitian rear end in a top hat that freaked out when I put a sealed bag of brown sugar next to some frozen chicken in his cart.

Seriously, when I got there it wasn't THAT bad. My GM who was a pretty cool guy got promoted to some regional poo poo and we got some bitch from the other coast of Florida who came in and changed all sorts of crap. I'm a cashier so every thing should be pretty cut and dry, but no.

First, I have to ask every customer to upgrade their membership to this bullshit PLUS membership which is about as worthless as the sweat on my balls. It's 60 dollars more than the regular membership and the main benefit is the coupons that come with the card..HOLY poo poo!! You also get some other discounts, but you'll never see them. And how the gently caress am I supposed to convince someone to sign up for a credit card with a fixed APR of 22.99%?? I'm guessing everyone's credit is poo poo down here because I've never seen it lower than 20%? They're always on my rear end about selling and upgrading and I don't give a gently caress, in fact, I make it an effort to tell the customer what a piece of poo poo the upgrade is. If it's so god drat good why do you need a whole separate staff to sell the membership? I think at every wholesale club there's usually an rear end in a top hat that approaches you in line to try and sell you the upgrade. At least my last job, I only had to sell warranties and services. That poo poo was easy.

What was I thinking taking this drat job? It's so drat boring. I'm like a robot on an assembly line. I can feel myself losing grip of reality. Each shift I take myself to a place I wish I was at and stay there while I load poo poo, take money and say Have a nice day. When it gets dead I have to pretend like I'm busy or else I get yelled at for waiting for a customer. I can't leave the register to go straighten poo poo, so I pretend like I'm sweeping nothing. I can't even piss without asking first.

Now they have this "new" rule where you have to transfer every loving thing in these carts if they don't want to unload it or if you get motherfucked onto the flatbed lane where there is no belt, then you you have to no matter what. Do you know how many Hispanics come through with flatbeds full of 50lbs bags of rice and maseca? Or venders who get 20, 30..50 cases of soda or water? What's so goddamn wrong with counting? Luckily, I work out on a regular basis so I don't struggle too much, but gently caress, after 7 hours of bending and lifting poo poo I want to murder everyone with a butter knife.

I hate the management, they're all sams club lifers. Even some of the full-time hourly employees have been there for 20 years. All they loving talk about is the weather and soap operas. gently caress. All the other cashiers are just apathetic and don't care ABOUT anything. It's a goddamn depressing shitstorm. On a side note, I got my good friend a job there a month ago, he's already beginning to seethe with hatred. At least we can both talk about how lovely our jobs are. All this for $11 an hour...

I need to get out. This place has made me an angry person devoid of any feeling. I may not make it through another month.

:suicide:

/rant

MalConstant fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Sep 28, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU