Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

spite house posted:

Walmart is actually pretty damned worried about the strikes. Good.

OUR Walmart, the organization in charge of the walkouts, is being extremely secretive and justifiably so, but I went looking for ways that interested parties can help the strikers and found this cool thing: you can donate a gift card so a striking worker can defray the cost of lost hours.

Other than that, I think the best we can do is raise awareness, let people know this is going on, and also not cross pickets.

I can't (actually I can because gently caress this country) believe how little attention this has gotten in the media. The first I heard of this was this thread and I'm usually getting a steady stream of leftist articles. I'ma buy em a foodcard. It would be outstanding for a strike to disrupt Black Friday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
for context I run a tiny liquor store as a sole proprietor, sorry I'm kind of The Boss but also the only worker.

A frequent flier of mine disappeared for about nine months after getting seriously hosed up by back surgery and a bunch of other poo poo. He'd been in a bad way for a long time and starting to spiral with his alcohol consumption. but he'd visit with people in the shop here and I had for better or worse ended up as a de facto place for him to stay connected to town. I keep an eye on cutting people off because if nothing else it's a pretty tight knit place and it's incumbent on me as the local poison merchant.

The other day he came back! Waltzed through the door fully mobile and kinda showing off because he could move without pain for the first time in forever, which I was like yay hurray!

Today he came back again! Blew through the door all yammerin like I'm his best friend, talking about his projects or whatever, and IMMEDIATELY drops two hard r n-words, in two different contexts, and a "fuckin mexicans" within 90 seconds of starting to talk my ear off. This is a complete 180 from my experience with him prior and I'm just like welp, whatever good will we had accumulated and really if I'm being honest my concern for your well-being just pretty well poofed.

Whiplash

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
lol just fielded the first angry customer observation about the lack of American Flag on my storefront.

I have an OPEN banner hanging from the flagpole now.

You can see four other 3x5+ American flags from the doorway

fuckin burgerbrains.