Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nosaj
Apr 30, 2009
Haters Gonna Hate
Its nice to see this thread flourishing after its move from GBS!

For content, someone just walked into my store and asked me what kind of smokes I had for sale. I lifted the curtain that I have to conceal them and was greeted by an "AH HA!" from the person asking me.

Turns out shes with the government or some third party theyre paying to go around to businesses and make sure you dont reveal your tobacco selection rather you have to wait for the customer to ask you for a prodcut specifically.

This combined with the new legislation requiring all my cigarettes to be concealed and hidden, not to mention the new law banning blunt wraps and flavored cigarillos is just such a waste of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosaj
Apr 30, 2009
Haters Gonna Hate

Cheezymadman posted:

Where do you live? I don't smoke, but that's the stupidest poo poo I've ever heard, and I want to avoid areas that are full of people dumber than rocks.

Its Canadian law as of recently.

Things could be worse I could live in the States.

Nosaj
Apr 30, 2009
Haters Gonna Hate
Me - "That will be $x.xx please"

Them - *Slams down a few bills and a whole lot of loose change"

Me - "Um how much is here?"

Them - "I dunno, count it"

Quite possibly the most ignorant thing you can do. I'm not your loving mother and if you're not a child or a cripple I'm not going to be counting your loving money out for you.

Nosaj
Apr 30, 2009
Haters Gonna Hate

Zo posted:

Pretty sure that's your job, so start counting.

No its not but thanks for trying.

You hand me the amount of money I tell you it costs, where I double check it .

You dont just throw every bit of money you have on you on the counter and check your text messages while I count out exact change for you.

But feel free to continue showing your ignorance lord knows the rest of the loving braindead populace dont mind showing their true colors.

Nosaj fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jul 8, 2010

Nosaj
Apr 30, 2009
Haters Gonna Hate
My lack of desire to count out these peoples money for them usually has a lot to do with the fact they are scumbags on welfare spending government cheques on booze cigarettes and lottery. These people have more money and free time then I do working full time so gently caress them if they think they can sit there and let me do all their shopping for them.

Nosaj
Apr 30, 2009
Haters Gonna Hate

scribe jones posted:

whyretailthreadsareabadidea.txt

Because they provide a place for people to bitch about the dregs of society?

And for whiny cunts like yourself to contribute lovely no content posts in an oh so witty fashion?

Ya I guess you're right. Also lol at being called a register monkey, I'm actually the owner I just work 35-40 hours a week on the register (better then paying someone 10 bucks an hour and having to watch them so they dont gently caress up), but feel free continuing to dispense quality insults, none of which even come close to staying on topic.

Also seconding the no AC on hot days thing, the business has been around over a decade and we havent got AC since its not cost efficient when you look at how many days a year we need it. Ahaha..still lawling at Register monkey, its like "Grease monkey" in its originality, it takes a true genius to throw that at someone!

White knighting people who abuse the government for welfare and baby bonuses and then go work under the table landscaping or construction getting paid in hundred dollar bills weekly? Oh goons, perhaps if you arent blinded by the light that hits you when you eventually emerge from your parents basements you'll one day realize just what the real world is like, being ignorant and naive is not really acceptable in this day and age man! Educate yourselves!

Nosaj fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jul 12, 2010

Nosaj
Apr 30, 2009
Haters Gonna Hate
Physical contact - Its bad enough I have to accept your moist damp bills and sticky clumped together coins but dont top it off with a drunken request for a handshake or "fistbump". I'm your register monkey not your friend :P

And yes it is hot outside today! As evidenced by the stifling humidity, numerous fans and the aforementioned wet currency you're sporting champ. If it wasnt for the weather I dont think people would have anything to talk about.

Also on an unrelated note, the sound your car makes when you try to start it when its already running is really a horrendous one.

Nosaj fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jul 17, 2010

Nosaj
Apr 30, 2009
Haters Gonna Hate

alreadybeen posted:

Why do you need official picture ID for to swap a couple video games?

You're seriously perplexed at this? Maybe to cut down on the selling of stolen goods?

Nosaj
Apr 30, 2009
Haters Gonna Hate
Had a customer come into my store earlier and buy a can of pepsi, no problems here.

He decides he wants a drinking straw to go with it, he picks up a dozen or so and puts one in his mouth and throws the rest of the perfectly good new clean drinking straws in the trash then smiles at me and walks out.

I wanted to punch him in the face but instead told him to gently caress off and not come back. What kind of ignorant do you have to be to pull that poo poo? A special kind apparently.

Nosaj
Apr 30, 2009
Haters Gonna Hate

Meow Cadet posted:

I am new to retail (2 weeks in, but I am a 30+ year old adult). We have an item of the month that we are supposed to push. Next month's item will be a Snickers Bar, which has nothing to do with our store's primary objective (hardware). I plan to write a note to management that I am a conscientious objector to pushing candy to our customers. Is this a terrible terrible idea?

Do you like being paid regularly and having steady employment? If Yes then you should probably forget trying to be a snarky comedic genius.

But if you feel like making your day to day duties at your job even harder and potentially risk your employment then feel free.

Its retail dude, theres not much room to be a unique snowflake, just hawk the candy in a monotonous voice and nod when they come around telling you to do more.

Nosaj
Apr 30, 2009
Haters Gonna Hate

side_burned posted:

So I'm working graveyard at a gas station and recently I've found my self wonder just what goes through the mind of a person who absolutely must buy a $20 worth of lottery scratchers at 3:00am.

Their aren't many things I consider to be a bigger waste of money than strippers but yes lotto scratchers are just that.

They are either people who work late every day so lets say they work like 4-12pm or 3-11pm and they come in thats like them coming home from work grabbing a shower or some food and deciding they wanna sratch some tickets before going to bed or whatever.

Either that or they're on drugs.

Nosaj
Apr 30, 2009
Haters Gonna Hate

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

That's really not something you should dial 911 for, call the non-emergency line. 911 lines are already dangerously overloaded with bullshit in most cities.

Dont worry, he didnt really say that nor did he really call 911.

Most places now I shop at tend to scan 50s and 100s but dont seem to give a poo poo about anything smaller.

Nosaj
Apr 30, 2009
Haters Gonna Hate
A women just handed me what was clearly 30-50 cents worth of pennies and dimes and uttered "Count it" because she was too lazy to do so herself so she could figure out how many 5 cent candy at my store she could afford.

An older person or a child? I might put up with that poo poo but the womens in her mid 20s and just bought cigarettes, in other words an adult who should know better. So I say gently caress it and look down at the pittance of small dirty clammy change and think to my self "gently caress her if shes too lazy to count her own money I'll just guess"

"34 cents" I say and she gets this furious scowl on her face "There should be more there then that!" she says. "Well if you wanted them counted correctly you probably should have done so yourself" was my reply.

I was told I shouldnt be so "loving rude" and that if I didnt "Shut up" she was going to punch me in the face. I didnt shut up, nor was I punched in the face. She just left sputtering and cursing me out leaving me to wonder where some of these people come from.

Nosaj
Apr 30, 2009
Haters Gonna Hate

miscellaneous14 posted:

I actually flipped out today at work over something, which I was really hoping I'd never end up doing at this job. One of the new employees, who can only be described as the class clown of a loving special school, was just constantly being incompetent to a degree that cannot be comprehended, while I was still getting talked down to when 90% of the time I'm already doing what I'm about to be told. It got to a breaking point when I went to sweep a theater, and I see this goddamned idiot sweeping ice on the floor under one of the tables, to where I just lost it.

:mad:: "What you are doing?!"
:saddowns:: "ICE MELTS OKAY GET OUT OF MY FACE"
:mad:: "Just sweep it up!"

Naturally, in the middle of me flipping out, the general manager walks in and I feel like an idiot. I apologized to said manager later for the reaction, though I really loving hope they realize how hopeless this guy is and fire him.

I've worked at this place for 8 months and most of the time, I'm still treated like I'm the new guy. :smith:

The problem is youre caring far too much.
You're in your late teens early 20s and youre sweeping a movie theatre floor. That "new guy" had the right idea. Ice does melt and theatre floors are coated in much worse than water.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vbI-P6mFbg :15 seconds in.

Nosaj
Apr 30, 2009
Haters Gonna Hate

Testikles posted:

Do other white people here get sick of having other white people confide their racism in you because they figure "hey, he's white! He must get it!" Because god drat, people need to stop talking about "minorities" to me.

This is a completely foreign thing to me but have you considered telling them to keep their bigoted opinions to themselves? Kind of confrontational but they need to be told to keep their fool mouths shut.

Nosaj
Apr 30, 2009
Haters Gonna Hate
My naive fiance spent the first 30 years of her life not realizing those little tiny black domes in malls/stores were cameras. She thought they were lightbulbs. Now she cant unsee them theyre everywhere lol.

"But they dont look like cameras!!"
"Ya sweety somethings tells me thats kind of the point..."

Also..had a customer come in a few hours ago and buy some poo poo that totalled 22.65, I saiid to him "Your total is twenty two sixty five" to which he replied "HERP HERP THAT WAS A GOOD YEAR". You stupid gently caress those jokes arent funny even when they make sense do people even think before they speak?

Nosaj fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Feb 14, 2011

Nosaj
Apr 30, 2009
Haters Gonna Hate
Man other then paying delivery drivers at work I dont recall the last time Ive seen someone bust out a cheque and try to pay with it.

Nosaj
Apr 30, 2009
Haters Gonna Hate
"Can I cash this cheque here?"

"This cheque is for 2 dollars and its 6 years old...."

"So?"

"So...no"

Who the gently caress keeps a 6 year old cheque from the government for 2 dollars?

Weirdos.

Nosaj
Apr 30, 2009
Haters Gonna Hate
Me answering the phone "Hello"

him - "Ya do you have a calculator?"

Me - "Nah man we dont sell calculators..."

Him - "nah do you have one?"

Me - "umm yes?"

Him - "Can you add this up for me.."

Me cutting him off - "Are you serious?? Get a paper and some pen"

Weirdest phone call ever...this is a convienence store why the gently caress would you call me to punch numbers into a calculator and what makes you think I would?

Nosaj
Apr 30, 2009
Haters Gonna Hate

greazeball posted:

It's not the share happy stories about working at Walmart thread. What do you expect?

I envision ZO posting that and his monacle falling off into his wine glass as he expresses his surprise that people forced to deal with the dregs of society 40 hours a week can harbor grudges. OH MY /faints

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosaj
Apr 30, 2009
Haters Gonna Hate
A women from a strange number called me asking if we had cracker jacks 15 minutes ago.

5 minutes ago the same number and whats presumably the same women call asking if I have boxes of cracker jacks.

Me - "You just called and asked this"
Her - "No I didnt"
Me - "Ok well a women your age from the same number enquiring about the same product must have just called in the 15 minutes we've been open?"
Her -"So do you have any or not?"

If she wasnt so middle aged sounding Id swear I was being pranked.

Edit - after a third call I had to ask....apparently theres a big scavenger hunt going on in my city and a box of cracker jacks is one of the items you need. Wish I had nothing better to do on a weekday.

Nosaj fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Mar 31, 2011