Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teknetik
Jan 13, 2010

SO
JEWISH
Hopefully someone can shed light on this (clothing retail)

Had a customer walk in, get an item off a rack and bring it to the register. I looked at it and realized it shouldn't have belonged and let her know. The item in question was $20, she pulled it off a rack where everything is listed at $15.99

:) Me
:btroll: Her

:) "Sorry, but this is part of a set and it's not $15.99, someone might have put it there without our knowledge."
:btroll: "I don't care, it's the law, otherwise you're false advertising."
:) "...the law?"
:btroll: "I work in the KMart sales department so I know what I'm talking about. You're required by law to give this to me for the price that's on the rack."

She got incredibly heated at this point and whispered to her husband about me being ignorant in Spanish.

After a bit of a squabble she threw the merchandise on the showcase and said this:

"I'm not taking anything, I'm afraid you guys are gonna blow it up. gently caress you, terrorist!"

Yea, she called me a terrorist.

So who's in the wrong here? I've worked retail for almost a year and have had situations where a customer grabbed stuff off the wrong rack that obviously didn't belong there. Not one of them has thrown the law-book at me though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teknetik
Jan 13, 2010

SO
JEWISH
I can't wait to deal with the infestation of retards who come in on Friday.

:haw: "You guys having a BF sale? hahahahah!"
:) "No, no one in this area is."
:haw: "Man, ya'll are whack!"

That being said, gently caress parents (usually the mothers) who come in and leave their kids unattended. What makes it worse is that these ladies will shout their kids name every now and then just to "make sure" they didn't run off. The kid obviously never responds, so why the hell do you keep calling their names?

teknetik fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Nov 24, 2010

teknetik
Jan 13, 2010

SO
JEWISH
"But it's cheaper in Wal-Mart!"

Yea, you dick, it probably is, but it's most likely an entirely different brand and a completely different item altogether. I enjoy most of my customers, but these fuckers are just, ugh.

teknetik
Jan 13, 2010

SO
JEWISH
A lady purchased a bunch of items on the 16th and came in today informing us that we didn't give her one of the items she had purchased. She had crossed off the items we *did* give her and circled the one we didn't. I asked why she didn't call the day of the purchase, but apparently she didn't have access to a phone this whole time.

I didn't give her squat because the inventory matched when checked on the computer/stock. Surprisingly she wasn't angry, just shrugged it off and walked away.

teknetik
Jan 13, 2010

SO
JEWISH
Had a lady try on $200 worth of clothes today. After failing to pay at the register due to not having her purse, she asks me if she can take a couple of the items home and have her husband pay over the phone after she leaves. I sorta chuckled and said, "It has to stay here." She didn't even argue, just said ok and left the store.

What the gently caress.