Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I bag groceries at a popular regional chain, and I've gotta say, on some days it's like having to push a boulder up a mountain, only for it to roll back down to the bottom just before you get it to the top, and then you have to start all over again. Only it's worse because the boulder is made out of food and you're always hungry but you can't eat the boulder because ten you'll get fired.

Fake edit: I miss Axeface.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Axeface posted:

Holy loving poo poo there is a banner ad?

I had honestly thought you had killed yourself. I just want you to know that your stories were one of the main reasons I registered, because your manifestos should not be censored by a comical word filter.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Strawberry posted:

I remember when I used to be happy that Thanksgiving and Christmas were coming up, but retail sucked the joy right out of that. All I can do is dread the rush of idiots from out of town :(

No. Don't talk like that! If you give into despair, THEY WIN!

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

RottenWomb posted:

I'm new at retail and finally got my chance a month ago with Target. I got fired today because I "didn't comply with their friendly work atmosphere." Did I just not meet their smile index quota or something? :smith:

Nice post/avatar combo, chief.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I hope Axeface made it out alive :ohdear:.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

The Robins Taley posted:

Reason I hate retail? I was scheduled for 39.75 hours this week, including an 8 hour shift on Christmas beginning at 8am. :suicide:
You're getting at least time and a half, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

The Robins Taley posted:

I just found out today that they don't pay us any extra for working on Christmas, so I'll be making state minimum wage that day. Merry Christmas!

They didn't ask any of us if we wanted to work on Christmas, but they make it well known that we are all expected to work weekends and holidays.

Uh I know I'm really late on this but I'm pretty sure this isn't entirely legal.